Michigan-Detroit
Options

XP: PB&J Bar - FU on Finger Foods

Everyone was really helpful with my last munchies question, so I'm going to ask you to indulge me one more time.  :)

Along with our other finger-food munchies, FI and I have decided that a tiny finger-sandwich PB&J bar really matches our quirky style.  We're going to have 3 types of toppings:  Peanut Butters (smooth, crunchy, a nut butter [maybe cashew?] and nutella), Jellies (strawberry, grape, and a few others) and Other (finger bananas, pickles, potato chips, marshmallow fluff).

So...is there anything that you really enjoy on your PB sandwiches?  Bacon?  Apple Slices?  Jalapeno Jelly? Mini chocolate chips?   I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: PB&J Bar - FU on Finger Foods

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG... PB&J is one of my top 5 favorite foods - I could live off of it.

I think you already have wonderful ideas... I use Jif PB with honey... so honey is an option? I do like the idea of apples and chocolate chips... have fun!
  • Options
    brideinbluemibrideinbluemi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peanut Butter and Company PB...  They have a variety of different types of PB, and they're all great!
  • Options
    lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have nothing more to add other than I totally love all of your ideas :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pb&j is one of my favs :) I'd get a bunch of local jellies/preserves and all types of pb. You can never go wrong with nutella! I think this idea fits perfectly with your outdoor picnic theme :) Are ppl going to make the sandwiches themselves or are you going to make mini sandwiches and have them out tea-sandwich-style? Williams and Sonoma has these cute sandwich cutters - you can make heart-shaped sandwiches :)
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about one for nut allergys? They have a soy one, that tastes like it but it ok for nut allergys. My mom is severally allergic to nuts and can still eat it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh!  So many responses!  Okay.  So....

Milsey - honey should definitely have made the list.  I don't know how I missed it in the first place.  Good eye.  Thanks!  :)

BrideinBlue - I was JUST talking to someone else about them.  I love their cinnamon swirl variety.  And I was looking at their restaurant's menu for ideas.  It is *amazing* what some people will put on a sandwich....

lndskelly - yay!   thanks!  And I LOVE your pics.  So sweet.

rcj2rcd - I was thinking about buying tea-sandwich-sized bread, which I'm pretty sure that I've seen at Meijer's.  Maybe by Pepperidge Farm?  And then people would make their own sandwiches.  But I was definitely thinking about cutting the slices into shapes anyway...great minds think alike!  Do you think it would be weird if we set out a bunch of little heart-shaped bread pieces with the sandwich fixings?  Would people be like "um...this is all fancy.  I don't know what to do with this"?

missmelanie - that's a good question.  I've only known people who have EITHER peanut allergies OR nut allergies.  So I had picked peanut and cashew.  But do some people  have both?  There will be other nibble foods, but I don't want anyone to miss the fun....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd add in some Sun Butter for anyone with nut allergies.  It's made from sunflower seeds... I know they have it at Trader Joes's, but I'm sure you can find it at other grocery stores too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_xp-pbj-bar-fu-finger-foods?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:69b63851-5fbc-416b-bc4c-1e88cfbe44b5Post:be813459-387a-4aee-a716-156a45a9d073">Re: XP: PB&J Bar - FU on Finger Foods</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh!  So many responses!  Okay.  So.... Milsey - honey should definitely have made the list.  I don't know how I missed it in the first place.  Good eye.  Thanks!  :) BrideinBlue - I was JUST talking to someone else about them.  I love their cinnamon swirl variety.  And I was looking at their restaurant's menu for ideas.  It is *amazing* what some people will put on a sandwich.... lndskelly - yay!   thanks!  And I LOVE your pics.  So sweet. <strong>rcj2rcd - I was thinking about buying tea-sandwich-sized bread, which I'm pretty sure that I've seen at Meijer's.  Maybe by Pepperidge Farm?  And then people would make their own sandwiches.  But I was definitely thinking about cutting the slices into shapes anyway...great minds think alike!  Do you think it would be weird if we set out a bunch of little heart-shaped bread pieces with the sandwich fixings?  Would people be like "um...this is all fancy.  I don't know what to do with this"?</strong> missmelanie - that's a good question.  I've only known people who have EITHER peanut allergies OR nut allergies.  So I had picked peanut and cashew.  But do some people  have both?  There will be other nibble foods, but I don't want anyone to miss the fun....
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

I skipped over the "we are having a sandwich bar" part of your OP. Total reading fail on my part.

Yes, having sandwich cutters on the table would be super weird - people probably won't know what to do with them. I'm guessing that once some guests had a few drinks, they would probably pick up the sandwich cutters and make them talk like a puppet.

You could pre-cut the bread yourself, but now that I'm thinking about it, it sounds like a total PITA task to take on the day before your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards