Michigan-Detroit

Edible Favors

I'm looking for somewhere to get edible favors.  We're thinking of doing chocolate covered pretzels (or something along those lines).  Does anyone know of a good place to get that kind of thing?  Somewhere with good prices?  We'd like to keep them to $1/person.  TIA

Re: Edible Favors

• Lisa7310Lisa7310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about making them? This was one of the first things FMIL said she wanted to do for the wedding. We are all going to go over there right before the wedding and knock them out. They are pretty easy to make if you are up to it.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also making them. Were gonna get the pretzels when Kroger does 10 for $10 and we go the chocolate at Michaels.
  • edited December 2011
    I've thought about doing them ourselves, but when it gets close enough to it to make them, I don't know if I'll be up to it, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing truffles. We bought yummy chocolate truffles in bulk at Sams around Christmas time, & will buy the truffle boxes and stuff them a few weeks before the wedding. They will end up being just under $1 each.
    Maybe Sams, etc still sells bulk truffles this time of year? Not sure on that :)

GL!
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • edited December 2011
    We're debating butter or sugar cookies. We have a fish cake topper, so we are thinking fish shaped cookies. The butter cookies we'd get from Christine's in Shelby Township, and the small ones are about $1 each. The sugar cookies we'd get from our cake lady, but I have to price those out.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm planning to make my own chocolate and caramel dipped pretzel rods.  My plan is to make them at least a week, maybe 2 weeks, ahead of time, so it won't be a last minute project.  If you could get your mom or BM's to help, I'm sure it's doable in 1 day.  One of these days, I'm going to do a trial run just to see how much work it really is, hopefully work any kinks out, and of course, test how long they stay good for.  I'll let you know my results!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas, ladies!

Maybe I'll do a test run with making my own pretzels... I'm curious about how long they'll stay fresh (aka how long before the wedding I could make them)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards