Michigan-Detroit
Options

emarston1

I was curious were you went honeymoon? I thought I saw somewere you went to the majestic in P*nta Cana. I wondered how you liked it? I am looking into it and wanted someone I knews review.

** The Knot won't let me spell out P*unta
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: emarston1

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we stayed at the Majestic Elegance.  It was ok.  I have a full review in my married bio but I would recommend it if you want a Caribbean honeymooon on a budget.  If you have a little more to spend, I would look into staying somewhere else.

If you have specific questions, let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok - major threadjack - but for the past year I've been wondering why people spell it P*nta!! Like, this was a legit question in my head! And now I know :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_emarston1-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:74bdfbfa-9c24-4d49-a4e1-836d491e8ba8Post:a1059969-92b4-49e6-9e62-75b4358c27c9">Re: emarston1</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok - major threadjack - but for the past year I've been wondering why people spell it P*nta!! Like, this was a legit question in my head! And now I know :)
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]
    The funny thing is that P*nta is not a bad word - I think it means point in spanish.  But Puta which is the bad word isn't blocked.

IT fail.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review. Everything I read seems to be very similar to what you said. I think I may not book there just because all reviews are saying the same thing,

My other major concern is getting sick. I totally understand that it is a foreign country and people get sick there all the time. However, 90% of teh reviews for this hotel mention people mention getting sick. Makes me wonder why?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah it wasn't a fun plane ride back, let me tell you.  I read a bunch of reviews on tripadvisor as well and thought the people complaining were just uptight or were the type of person that would never be pleased no matter how awesome it was.  I learned the hard way that this wasn't the case.

We had a great honeymoon but I would look elsewhere if you have the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards