Michigan-Detroit
Options

Taste Testing?

When you scheduled your taste testing who did you include?  Did you and FI just go by yourselves or did you include parents or bridal party members as well?

FI and I are paying for wedding by ourselves.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Taste Testing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI went with his mom and I did not go. We scheduled last minute because we were coming to town for my shower/bachelorette party so I was already busy (plus i am vegetarian and meat was on the menu).

Typically though, i think you are allowed 4 people.  so you can bring whomever you think would want to come.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was just FI and me. And we are getting help from both of our sets of parents. I didn't even think to bring them...oops :/ I'm going to ask their input for finalizing the menu though, when the time comes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you could include your parents just to get additional opinions!
    Our tasting only includes 2 which I just found out and really irritates me! I am a vegetarian and would really like my mom's opinion and we are paying over $100 pp!!! I really think I should be able to bring more than just FI and myself!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just my FI and me...we're getting financial assistance from both sets of parents, but they figure it's our wedding, so it's up to us. They were happy with our choices, though, after we told them. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Juts me and FI. It was so much fun too! It was like a free date but with free filets, wine, beer and dessert :)
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If FI didn't have to work the day our venue was available, he would have gone with me. But, since he couldn't get it off, FMIL went with me (they also are taking care of our reception).
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our hall gives us 2 free tastings with up to 6 people each time, so us, my parents, and his parents went.  However, I don't think it was all the necessary for everyone to be there...if both of our parents weren't putting $ toward the reception, I think FI and I would've just gone.
    Updated 9/21/2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    377 Invited image
    338 Ready to rock image
    40 Party poopers image
    0 still making up their minds image
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were doing ours like 2 weeks before and it's just Fi and I.  Don't know if anyone else can come but there's no need for them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi worked, so I went alone. It was sort of an open house night for all the couples who booked to come taste the huge variety of food. FI trusts my tastes buds thank goodness
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm arranging this right now with the final 2 companies we are considering. It's just going to be the 2 of us, but only because I'm a huge foodie, and we are paying for it ourselves. I'd take my Mom, who used to be in catering, but to be honest, she's older and doing these things is not easy on her.

It depends on how much you trust yourself I guess. If you and fiance know exactly how your family loves their food, and you aren't sensitive to comments after the fact, then no need to bring others. But if the caterer allows more people, and they want to go, then do that.
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our tasting about a month in advance and just DH and I went.  We were paying and plus I just felt like more people would be too many opinions. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We live in NC so my my mom and grandma went to our tasting. I was a little disappointed, but they don't do tastings on Saturdays or Sundays. :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards