Michigan-Detroit
Options

alterations (need a recommendation)

I bought my dress in a very unconventional way. Now I need to find someone to do my alterations. Any suggestions? I'm kinda nervous and scared. Please help!

Re: alterations (need a recommendation)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a certain area? Do you have a price range? Lots of girls have gone through The Wedding Shoppe in Royal Oak (on Woodward). I think it's about $200 for sides and bustle - someone correct me if I'm wrong. I got my dress from Alessandras. Part of the reason I bought there was due to the recommendations (on and off the board) of their alterations. They've done a great job on my dress and worked with me to find a bustle I actually liked. Tip: alterations can make or break a dress. Go with someone you can trust and are comfortable with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Walled Lake, so Royal Oak is not that far at all. I would prefer something on the West side, but I would travel to the East side if this place was awesome. I know alterations can make and break dress and that is why I am so nervous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My seamstress was WONDERFUL! She was less expensive than going to a bridal shop (which is who referred her to me). She is in Roseville - right off 696 at the I-94 interchange.

She does it out of her house and has a great personality. For my dress, which I borrowed from a friend, she did all my alterations temporary so that they can be let out right after and the dress goes back to normal. I couldn't believe she could pull it off! I got my dress back just over 2 weeks later and it looks great!

Her name is Patti and if you're interested in her, please PM me or mail me at vketelhut@gmail.com and I'll send it to you.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards