Michigan-Detroit

Reception Venues allowing outside alcohol and/or food!

Hi everyone.  Trying to minimize expense here and use a reception venue that will at least allow us to bring our own alcohol, if not food.  (Fiance's dad is an amateur winemaker who will provide all alcohol).  We are looking to have the reception in the southwest suburbs or possibly Detroit.  Any venues I'm not thinking of which fit the bill?  This is what I have:
1.  Plymouth manor, allows outside alcohol
2.  St. Mary's Cultural Center-Livonia, allows outside alcohol
3.  Detroit Historical Museum, outside outside alcohol & catering

Re: Reception Venues allowing outside alcohol and/or food!

• edited December 2011
    Our reception will be in a local park where we will have our own catering (probably a pig roast) and alcohol.  We just had to pay for a liquor permit with the city.  Have you considered a park in your town?  We also called our rec center, where both were acceptable.

Good luck!
    Lorna
  • edited December 2011

Check out http://oakmanagement.com. They have a bunch of venues where you bring your own booze.... They do the food, though.

• sandra1234sandra1234 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Grosse Pointe War Memorial (Grosse pointe farms), Cobblestone Farms (Ann Arbor), Concordia University Earhart Manor (Ann Arbor), Addison Oaks (Lenard), and Blossom Heath Inn (St. Clair Shores).  These all allow you to bring your own alcohol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards