Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR: 16 & Pregnant show

Did anyone watch the show the other night?  She got pregnant after dating the kid for a month and to make matters worse, he was a rebound.  Watching this show makes me not want kids!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: 16 & Pregnant show

• Options
    mink492mink492 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how many more episodes I can handle watching. I get so frustrated.
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this show is my guilty pleasure! it drives me nuts! i have to watch it every week but i get SO mad!! not to mention my countless tears while watching it!  i see how the episodes show how hard parenting is... but it also glorifies the love associated with children. which isn't a bad thing... but i think over all it's sending the wrong message to teenage girls. i was chatting w/ a friend the other night. her friend is an OBGYN, said that since the shows been airing, that teen pregnancy is WAY up... :( makes me sad. i think the girls see it as "oh yah, thats hard, but that would never happen to me" ... in regards to the twins episode the girl was driving me NUTS! she was out emotionally cheating on your boyfriend, but once they broke up and he met someone else THEN she wanted him back and was 'oh so lonely' ... obviously she doesnt love HIM, she loves the idea of someone being there to love her.
    but, with that said.. i'll still watch it every week lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    katiebird1981katiebird1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with both of you!  The Twin episode was sad due to the guy actually being a good dad and she dumped him.  Stupid girl!  She'll learn someday what a huge mistake that was.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a strange and unexplained obsession with that show.  And the last episode made me want to rage at that stupid girl.  But, at least she wasn't so dense as to NOT realize the mistake she made in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I <3 that show...I cannot lie :-P
    I have fallen in love with the MI couple...they are just so cute. I love watching old shows when they come back :)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't started watching this season yet.  I watched the entire last season as well as the follow up, Teen Mom.  I am addicted!!  A total guilty pleasure of mine, as someone else said.

It makes me want to homeschool all of my future children!  No leaving the house until age 18, if they're lucky! LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this was the first and last episode i have watched. i just don't think i can support the message that mtv is sending. sure, it shows the troubles and stuff they go through... but what, you get knocked up & get to go on mtv & probably get a bunch of free stuff for it? 

(basically the same way i feel about jersey shore... you're famous for being a fighting, drunken skank?? i just don't get it) 

back to the episode: i felt really bad for the dad of the babies and was actually happy when he screwed her over because she was doing that the entire time to him. it seemed like he gave her a lot & she just crapped on him. the girl was an idiot - she was p!ssed because she couldn't have a normal senior year... UM YOU DID THAT TO YOURSELF.  if you're going to be sexually active, please take the appropriate precautions so you don't end up ruining someone else's lives bc you can't support them!
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-16-pregnant-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:81150b49-1eb7-4f41-ac1d-391e0a5588c9Post:c8173525-f29e-4247-b2c5-f28b8e5c8871">Re: NWR: 16 & Pregnant show</a>:
    [QUOTE]I <3 that show...I cannot lie :-P I have fallen in love with the MI couple...they are just so cute. I love watching old shows when they come back :)
    Posted by bmprocha[/QUOTE]
    OH, Caitlin and Tyler- i LOVE them so much too!!  i want to be invited to their future wedding! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-16-pregnant-show?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:81150b49-1eb7-4f41-ac1d-391e0a5588c9Post:cfb6bea5-4b82-4d02-918b-c21940d521e7">Re: NWR: 16 & Pregnant show</a>:
    [QUOTE]this was the first and last episode i have watched. i just don't think i can support the message that mtv is sending. sure, it shows the troubles and stuff they go through... but what, you get knocked up & get to go on mtv & probably get a bunch of free stuff for it?  (basically the same way i feel about jersey shore... you're famous for being a fighting, drunken skank?? i just don't get it)  back to the episode: i felt really bad for the dad of the babies and was actually happy when he screwed her over because she was doing that the entire time to him. it seemed like he gave her a lot & she just crapped on him. the girl was an idiot - she was p!ssed because she couldn't have a normal senior year... UM YOU DID THAT TO YOURSELF.  if you're going to be sexually active, please take the appropriate precautions so you don't end up ruining someone else's lives bc you can't support them!
    Posted by MeghanAshley00[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, Meghan.  Most TV shows don't send the best messages to kids.  I guess I just ignore that aspect because if I based my TV watching on my morals and values, I'd be sitting around watching...pretty much nothing.

I'm so guilty of watching crap TV shows...Kardashians, Kendra, Bad Girls Club, Jersey Shore, Millionaire Matchmaker.  I could go on and on.  They are just too entertaining!! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards