New York-Hudson Valley

CHECK CHECK BABY!!!!!!!

Florist AND venue CHECK CHECK!!!!!  I cried all afternoon I was so happy lol!We met with the florist, picked all the flowers.  I'm going with all roses, my bouquet and my sisters will be the round ball style, not a lot of greens.  A slight bit of filler, similar to baby's breath but a light greenish yellow.  The roses will be deep reds, oranges and yellows.  I need to call and tell them we need several more arrangements for the venue.  Picked special wristlets for my Mom and FMIL, corsages for FI and his BM and my Dad!!The venue is PERFECT.  The gardens are a mess from the winter, they'll be cleaned up by Oct.  The manor is amazing, you wouldn't believe how amazing it is.  It still needs a LOT of resoration.  But the 3 rooms we're using are done, just need to be cleaned from the movie shoot that just wrapped.You walk in through old, huge iron work glass doors.  There is a small foyer with a beautiful wood sideboard, perfect for the place cards!  Its probably 10 by 12 with marble floors.  Then it opens into the stair hall.  Its immense, probably 50' by 50', all marble, a stunning staircase off to the right.  Gorgeous lighting fixtures.  It was built like old banks, all marble, walls, pillars, floors.  The whole back wall is french doors.To the right is the gold room we'll use for dinner.  Its all wood floors, white walls with panelling, trimmed in pale yellows and gold.  Also has a beautiful fireplace.  To the left of the stair hall is where we'll have the cocktail hour and bar.  Its another huge wood panelled room with another amazing fireplace, antique sofas, french doors.  Its stunning.We did a rough outline of the food, cocktail hour with several hot options, stations, passed apps.  Dinner will have a served salad with a buffet.  A carving board with prime rib and ham, several chafing dishes with chicken francaise, pastas, potatoes and veggies.  Open bar the entire time we got to pick the type of champagne, wine and booze.  We're renting chairs, because thats the only issue I have, their chairs are ugly.  My ONLY bridezilla moment, I actually say, oh, ew, we're renting chairs Babe.  :)We can get there several hours before to do pictures and I can't wait.  This place does need a lot of work, BUT, the 3 main rooms are perfect.  There is a huge hallway/alcove off the stair hall that is the perfect place for the DJ.  Pictures inside and out will br great.  It makes places like Lynhurst and FDR's Hyde Park look like shacks.  The details, i can't describe them!I'm sure I forgot other detail, I'm just so excited, it was an amazing afternoon.  I think I fell in love with the caterer.  He's the sweetest older Irishman.  The picture perfect granpa with a brogue lol.  Sorry to write a novel here!!  I'm so happy!!!  OH, and we can bring in the cake and any other desserts we want!  Ok, enough babbling, i have to go call my Mom!!

Re: CHECK CHECK BABY!!!!!!!

• embrennanembrennan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there -- I'm thinking about having my wedding at the Alder Manor and wanted to see how you liked it. I'm going to visit it this week. The grounds and mansion look gorgeous but I wonder how functional it is. How much decorating did you have to do? Did you have to bring in porta-potties? Also, when did you have your wedding? If it was in the summer, was the mansion cool enough? Did it have A/C or was it not necessary? Finally, how was the catering?Thanks so much for whatever information you can provide. Hope you had a wonderful day. Thanks!
  • alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards