Michigan-Detroit
Options

To invite or Not to invite???

So I have already sent out my "Save~the~Dates" but now I'm questioning myself "Do I really want to share my day with certain people?"  So would to be wrong not to send them an invite after I've already sent the "Save~the~Date"?

Re: To invite or Not to invite???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A save the date is as good as an invite.  It would be incredibly rude to not send them an invitation.  There's no way out of that now.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it would be wrong.  Once you send them a save the date, they MUST get an invite.  Hopefully they just won't come to the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm yes. You should have gone over your save-the-date list before sending them out. If you ever had a doubt as to whether you would be inviting certain people or not, the should have never received a STD. They now have your STD and will most likely make the necessary arrangements (ie babysitter, taking work off, etc) to make it to your wedding.

I will say that we gave one person a STD and did not end up inviting them. They were never sent a STD, but begged and begged for one. Since giving that person a STD, there were quite a few things that happened between DH and this person and we thought it was in our best interest not to invite this person. They weren't on the original guest list and practically came to our house and took a STD. Not cool. But we invited ever single person we sent STD's out to. It would be very bad if someone was sent a STD and didn't get invited. Not cool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm yes, you need to invite them now.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011

I am questioning why you sent out Save The Dates already if your wedding isn't until April 2011?  STDs are generally sent out 6-9 months in advance.

It's too late to undo it and as PPs said, you're stuck inviting them now.  But hopefully this is a lesson to other brides out there -- we know it's exciting, but sit on your guest list for a while because things will most likely change.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_invite-not-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:88628a1b-9d4c-4531-9e2a-0c2211c3f7b5Post:8d89f1e8-e951-4e38-af93-06415d7e7145">Re: To invite or Not to invite???</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I am questioning why you sent out Save The Dates already if your wedding isn't until April 2011?</strong>  STDs are generally sent out 6-9 months in advance. It's too late to undo it and as PPs said, you're stuck inviting them now.  But hopefully this is a lesson to other brides out there -- we know it's exciting, but sit on your guest list for a while because things will most likely change.
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]

Umm Julie, April 2011 is 5 months away... :)  And I only know this because I'm starting to develop a love/hate relationship with my ticker!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_invite-not-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:88628a1b-9d4c-4531-9e2a-0c2211c3f7b5Post:7123f67d-affb-4d8e-ac68-41355e22eada">Re: To invite or Not to invite???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To invite or Not to invite??? : Umm Julie, April 2011 is 5 months away... :)  And I only know this because I'm starting to develop a love/hate relationship with my ticker!
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Oh wow.  I'm an idiot.  2011?  When did that happen?!?!? 

So yeah, ignore me.  I was thinking the wedding was a year and a half away.  My answer still stands though, you have to invite them.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies, since I had this question in my head things have actually worked out and it will all be fine =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards