Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW Thursday!

So I'll start:  we got our engagement pictures back!! I love the photos but I don't really like seeing myself in them (does that make sense?)  It's weird seeing all these photos of yourself but the more I look at them the more I am liking them.

What does everyone else have to AW about?

Re: AW Thursday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI & I looked at a house last night.  It was beautiful and newly built, but when I was leaving to go home I turned the wrong way and started heading towards Redford/Detroit.  FI said that's enough for him not to want to buy the house. He thinks that I'll get mugged there and other bad things will happen.   :(
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my DJ last week.  I wanted to AW then, but I didn't send the contract in until Tuesday so I waited until today!  We booked Paul Taylor from Sunshine Entertainment.  I saw him at Corinne's wedding and loved him.  And when we met with him, we knew he was the one for us.  So yay! One more check off my list!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have much now days but Saturday is my last day at my part time job until after the honeymoon. I have a wedding to go to next weekend and then my bach party/shower the next. Then it's October and I said no weekend work the month of the wedding! I'm pumped to not have to work Saturdays for 2 months!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR: finally took the time to send emails to the 4 caterers we met with. Had to send 2 to the "non-chosen" (hard for me, because I hate disappointing people), and 2 to the ones we want tastings with.

NWR: My son got his grades back from his 6 week grad program at Oxford in July/August. They combine and average them, and out of the 4 tutorials he took he got an A-. I'm so proud of him.

Also, my "baby" daughter started her junior year in HS. Not really an AW, but when you have to get up at 6:30 each morning and get a 15 yr old out the door at 7 am, and you can do it without yelling screaming, it's an AW. Just wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only 5 more days and I will be on my honeymoon!!! :D 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wait, what does AW mean? I thought it meant attention whore! :)
    engagementWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-thursday-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:88e284a1-86a0-4720-af67-76447a464a0fPost:fced20d6-4fbd-4009-8d29-8ec0441dbc42">Re: AW Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, what does AW mean? I thought it meant attention whore! :)
    Posted by emmagfunk03[/QUOTE]

It does :)

Had my final dress fitting last night, but my dress still needs to be taken in an 1". Not sure how that happened, I definitely didn't lose any weight..
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not much WR to AW about.  My MOH got fitted for her dress on Saturday and bought the flower girl dress that I was in LOVE with but didn't want to ask her to buy since it was a little expensive.  But she loved it on her daughter too so she bit the bullet.

NWR: 2 more days of work and then I am off until the 20th.  Me and FI are leaving for Vegas on Sunday for a week! And while we are there we get to meet his newest nephew who was born Aug 28th.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: I have 58 days to go and couldn't be more excited woo hoo! I bought the beads and crystals for all the BMs jewelry (my coordinator is hand making everything). Shower invites go out today! 30 days til the shower and I'm excited about that!

NWR: aced another exam last night and hopefully will do the same tonight.

Re: FI said that's enough for him not to want to buy the house. He thinks that I'll get mugged there and other bad things will happen.   :(  --Detroit isn't all bad. Bad things can happen no matter where you live. I've lived there for 33 years and have never been mugged/robbed/etc...good luck on house hunting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: Last weekend was my shower and bachelorette party in Detroit and I finished up all of my thank you notes on the plane ride home. They went in the mail yesterday. I'm so glad to have them done!
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

WR

• Just got back from finalizing cake stuff
    • Meeting with DOC on Sunday
    • Finalized ceremony music
    • Paid final payments for photobooth, string trio, officiant, DOC, and cake
    • THISCLOSE to finalizing guest count
    • 8 1/2 days of work until 2+ weeks off

NWR

• Tailgating on Saturday!
    • Did like 8 loads of laundry over the past few days and it's DONE
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR:
    Finally booked wedding day transportation, got an old school bus that is painted hot pink, woo woo
    Got our final head count - much lower than I anticipated, so now the wedding will cost less than expected :)
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR - Going to put the deposit down on the hall on 18th.  I am so close to making my first big check!!! :)

NWR - Been a very week so far.  New front brakes, grocery shopping, tonight fabric shopping and cleaning the house, tomorrow movies.  I just want a night to myself!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WR: Nothing much as per usual.  We are going to register this weekend I think!

NWR: Nothing much.  Just life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards