Michigan-Detroit
Options

Outdoor Ceremony Bind!! PLEASE HELP!

I REALLY WANT an outdoor wedding! Except I am running into some issues. #1 I am on a budget and the locations I have checked out do NOT have a back up plan. (i.e local & county parks) #2 My fiance has proudly pointed out that for the last 2 years it has rained on our planned wedding day. He is NOT a fan of an outdoor wedding.

So w/all the above said, any ideas of locations that are inexpensive, has a back up plan & something my fiance wont complain about??

I am up for anything in Macomb or Oakland Counties.
We are expecting around 150 guests for the ceremony.

Our original location was going to be George George park in Clinton Twp., until they said we could not use their pavillion as a back up plan.  :-(

Re: Outdoor Ceremony Bind!! PLEASE HELP!

• Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at Canterbury Village...they have a gazebo if you want an ourdoor wedding, and they also have a chapel, which is gorgeous and I recommend:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Greystone Golf & Banquet center. It's really nice and on a lake. Ceremony site is 700. Rain plan is to have it indoors right there, which is where we are having our reception. they have very good packages. We are getting A LOT for our money and Maggie (the lady who sets everything up) is amazing!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_outdoor-ceremony-bind-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:8934ccec-ced6-4011-8e88-c22e601864e7Post:8e229032-2ac1-4b29-8e3e-9454b3c99441">Re: Outdoor Ceremony Bind!! PLEASE HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at the Greystone Golf & Banquet center. It's really nice and on a lake. Ceremony site is 700. Rain plan is to have it indoors right there, which is where we are having our reception. they have very good packages. We are getting A LOT for our money and Maggie (the lady who sets everything up) is amazing!
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>I was also going to suggest Greystone! My fiance and I are having our ceremony and reception there! LOVE Maggie, she is wonderful to work with. The food is also AMAZING. We are very excited to have our wedding there. The ceremony site is beautiful with the lake as the back drop. You should definitely check this venue out.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding was at Greystone last year. Maggie and Jerry are amazing to work with, the ceremony site is gorgeous and you can always move the ceremony inside if needed. I can't say enough great things about greystone. have full vendor reviews at the link below! I also have tons of pics to share :)  Good luck!

www.sunkissed212forsale.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All us Greystone girls together!! When we booked they had a special running with the ceremony site for free. And yes, Maggie is the best!!
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wow! When is everyone's wedding? I'm June 16th
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    May 6th.... send me good weather vibes. I hope it's not too cold!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely will check out Greystone... My wedding is Sept 21, 2013... 

keep the ideas coming!! 

Thanks knotties!!  :-)
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the look you want you could try Stoney Creek (<--LInk)
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    K ladies so Greystone is a no-go.. They want $1000 for 2 hrs?! There place is beautiful, but all I need is a ceremony site..

Keep the ideas coming!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    K checked out Stoney Creek and #1 the girl I spoke w.was completely rude!! #2 good price, but not back up plan. If it rains, tuff luck.

Any other places??    :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards