Michigan-Detroit

wedding recap - PIP

I'm a bit slow in posting because I had to recover from jet lag!  

We got married on 9/10/11 and everything was great!...My BM came in town the Thursday before and threw me a bachelorette party, which was awesome.  It helped them get to know each other and set the weekend off to a great start.  On Friday we did "bride-groom olympics" which is an invention of my brother-in-law.  The guys and girls compete against each other in 3 events; we played wiffle ball, threw water balloons at DH and had a 3 legged race - I paired the girls and guys who walked down the aisle with each other together so that they would get to know each other.  It worked perfectly, because by the rehearsal dinner everyone was joking around with each other and having a ton of fun!  On Saturday it rained in the morning but then it cleared up and was beautiful for pictures!  The ceremony went really smoothly and then everything came together really well for the reception.  Our DJ was totally awesome and had everyone dancing by the 3rd song, and no one stopped until midnight! :) 

My dad did really well; he walked me down the aisle and made it through the first dance song.  :) No one would have ever noticed he was even sick. :)

I didn't sleep for the entire week, so the only regret I have is not being so tired on the day of the wedding! lol. 

Anyway, I want to stick around these boards and help out those brides to be, because I always wished more of the married ladies had stuck around when I was researching.  Will try to help out whoever I can!

Here are some pictures to enjoy! 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: wedding recap - PIP

• sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG date twin sounds like so much fun. I so love everything and I am glad your dad was able to get through all the important parts!
  • edited December 2011
    The pictures look great!  I love your flowers on the head table!  Also, I love your cake!  I think I remember you asking about a baker who could do one like that a long time ago - I am so glad it worked out!

Congratulations on having it all come together, and best wishes on your marriage!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  So happy to hear that your dad was able to make it through everything :)
  • edited December 2011

You look beautiful, congratulations!!!! I am so glad to hear that your dad is doing better and could make ti through the day :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    So happy to hear about your dad being able to enjoy the day with you.

I love your cake!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad you had an amazing day! 

Your head table looks AMAZING! And LOVE the cake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! So happy your dad did well. Can't wait to hear more!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Um where did you get your limo truck?? My FI is a Diesel engineer and obsessed with giant trucks!
  • Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You look beautiful.  Love your dress!  Glad your dad was able to have a good day too!

• Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful!!
  • edited December 2011
    The olympics idea sounds fun! Maybe I'll suggest doing that for my sister whenever she gets married (idk if my WP would be up for it) - and I'm glad it all turned out so wonderful! I love the limo, haha congrats -- I'm so happy you're sticking around the boards [:
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-recap-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:8c47f783-2930-4212-80c2-de090ee59bc5Post:cbf1b042-14f8-49ee-94a7-e7fdbb9d6d9b">Re: wedding recap - PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um where did you get your limo truck?? My FI is a Diesel engineer and obsessed with giant trucks!
    Posted by Jashley05[/QUOTE]

<div>It was from Razz Limo, call Sam at:  734-266-0483.  It's a F-350 I think?  I'm not sure, I just said I wanted the cheapest vehicle and they said it was blue, and I thought it sounded sweet.  Imagine my surprise when it was a pick-up. :D </div><div>
    </div><div>The cake did turn out great!! And it was delicious, got lots of compliments.  It's from Mrs. Maddox Cake Shopp <a href="http://www.mrsmaddoxcakes.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.mrsmaddoxcakes.com/</a>  They just changed to a new owner, and she is really nice and accomadating. </div><div>
    </div><div>And thanks for all of the other compliments ladies. :) </div><div style="text-align:-webkit-auto;"><font face="arial, sans-serif" size="2" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="border-collapse:collapse;line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">
    </span></font></div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards