Michigan-Detroit
Options

Shanty Creek Resort

Hello
I was wondering if anyone has been to this resort, or if there is anyone who is planning their wedding here. From what I see on the website this place looks very nice. I am hoping to go see it next weekend, just waitng for them to email me back. So any information would be great thanks!
(I also posted this on the MI northern boards)

Re: Shanty Creek Resort

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there-- I don't know of a wedding there, but my mom just had a big conference there this weekend and couldn't say enough good things about the event and the event coordinator at Shanty Creek. She loved everything about it. I know it's not a wedding review, but hope that helps a little bit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been on vacation there skiing a couple times.  It's nice and there is a lot to do up there.  My friends were actually thinking of having their wedding there. 

August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding there, but we used to go there all the time because we had a cottage there in Bellaire.  It's gorgeous!!

Schuss Mountain / Shanty Creek used to be sister resorts.  Then a few years ago, one (or both maybe?) of them files bankruptcy.  I haven't been there since then so I'm not sure how they were affected...just something to look into.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is a lake nearby right?? Because I am hoping that the day after the wedding everyone could go have a fun day at the lake and rent a pontoon boat and jet skis,..

• Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_shanty-creek-resort?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:8f1ac86c-2da0-4da9-971a-3b75a0a7cbe2Post:cd18a72f-6ca5-4eab-ac8f-251a3ed09e68">Re: Shanty Creek Resort</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a lake nearby right?? Because I am hoping that the day after the wedding everyone could go have a fun day at the lake and rent a pontoon boat and jet skis,..
    Posted by StaceyP04[/QUOTE]

There are several lakes nearby.  We were on Intermediate Lake which is a very small lake.  They have a public access docking area, but it's not really the kind of lake where you can rent a pontoon boat or anything.  Lake Bellaire is also there and I'm not sure what they have.  Torch Lake is about 15 minutes away and BEAUTIFUL.  It's as blue as the ocean.  And I'm not sure about currently, but at one point, it was ranked the third most beautiful lake in the world.  It's also quite big and probably the most likely place where you'll be able to rent something.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was up there last month for a conference.  It was very nice and Bellaire is a cute little town.  As a matter of fact, there is a boutique there called le French Bulldog Boutique that has a lot of interesting stuff.  I found my DD's rehearsal dress there.  We'd been looking for awhile and couldn't find what she wanted.  They had exactly what she wanted there.  The owner of the boutique is also a wedding photographer, so you have one vendor you can talk to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I am going there on Sat afternoon to take a tour, so I am very excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards