Michigan-Detroit
Options

Kinda WR - Parents 25th Anniversary

So my parents 25th wedding anniversary is next month, and I am planning a party for them!  Yay...more planning.  Anyways...what are some good game to play at an anniversary party?  I've only been to one, and they did a trivia game for the bride and groom about each other.  It was cute!

Also, do you think it is overkill to re-do some old traditions...boquet toss, garter toss, etc.?

Thanks!

Re: Kinda WR - Parents 25th Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only anniversary parties I've attened were formal dinner parties so there weren't any games or bouquet toss stuff.

Personally, I would think the games could be fun but the bouquet/garter toss would be weird.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a 25 anniversary party that was an all out vow renewal second wedding, dress, cake, dj etc but no BP and no garter/bouquet toss stuff. . Just an all out party.  But I guess it kinda depends on how formal it is you know??? That was in the same reception hall where they got married.

On the other hand, I went to a 50 year anniversary party that was  in a pavilion in a park, great catered BBQ, CD player (before Ipods, heaven forbid, lol) and games for the kids ( bean bag toss, chalk, kickball, soccer stuffs) and bocce for the adults. They had a couple of dances and a few stations where you could see pics throughout the years, and their kids weddings, and other achievements ( he was a town mayor, she was his PR manager)

I think it is up to you and how your family/friends are about things like that, and also how formal of a party you are having.  I think it is more personal preference than etiquette. ( FYI 25 yr anniversary gifts are silver in case you didn't know. I have a whole list somewhere of anniversaries 1-100 :) )

Sorry for the book
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards