Michigan-Detroit

Officiant

Can anyone recommend a non-religious Officiant?  I’ve been going back and forth with a really great lady that works out of Ann Arbor, but now it sounds like she won’t be available because of a conflict with a previously scheduled wedding (their rehearsal was changed).  Although it might still work out, we’ve been out of touch over the holidays, and I need to make some calls/emails to try to find someone else, just in case.  I asked her if she had any recommendations, and she doesn’t.  I’m hoping to find someone closer (getting married near Rochester)—then we won’t have to pay travel fees either.

TIA!

Re: Officiant

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Reverand Carl Vogler (info in my bio).  My sister used him for her wedding in August, and he was one of the first vendors I booked for mine.  FI and I already met with him to go over our expectations of the ceremony and we were both very impressed.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Corinne told me about Rev. Fred Jolicoeur and we love him so far! He is located in Milford, and we're getting married in Oakland Twp (just north of downtown Rochester) and he's not charging us any extra travel fee. I think he's listed on the Knot as a Detroit officiant/vendor. Email me if you want more info tlfeher @ mindspring.com.
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kirk Haas (info in bio). He does mostly secular ceremonies, with as much or as little faith incorporated into the ceremony as you feel is appropriate.

He's really easy to work with, IMO. 
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, I second Rev. Fred Jolicoeur! He has been amazing. Here is his e-mail address...wearegathered@gmail.com. He is also on Facebook under We Are Gathered. 
  • cwimer6154cwimer6154 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Kirk Haas from Secular Ceremonies! (website in Bio)  He's a really great guy and is reasonably priced ($275).  He was exactly what FI and I were looking for. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Rev. Sherry Mullin, her website is ajoyfulcelebration.net.  She has had some really great ideas for us and has been great to work with so far!  She was willing to work with us on prices and is very quick to respond to emails and calls.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks, everyone!  I sent out three e-mails today from your suggestions...hope someone is available, and a good fit for us!!!
  • edited December 2011
    If no one is available, google Rev. Leonetta from the Paint Creek Unitarian Universalist Church, she's great. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards