New York-Hudson Valley

invitations

hi everyone... how far ahead did everyone purchase their invitations? Anyone had their's custom made? Who did you use?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>

Re: invitations

• edited December 2011
    I designed our invitations since I'm a web/graphic designer. We found one we wanted, I made it and put all of our info in it and then made pocketfolds to put everything in. They look amazing and we've gotten a lot of compliments on them--I'll send you a link to my bio since it disappeared. I had everything printed from VistaPrint--I think everything cost about $50!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Krista can i rent u out for next year?

• edited December 2011
    Sure =0) I love designing! I did one of my gf's as her wedding gift--they looked amazing! I did all of her wedding stuff--invitations, save the dates, programs, menus. You name it, I did it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at invitations about 6 months out, ordered at about 4 months.  They had the proof to me in a week and the invitations about another week later.  I did not have custommade but I loved my invites! 
  • kittykat956kittykat956 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was very very behind schedule in ordering my invites. I actually don't have them yet and won't get them until right before I have to send them... LOL oopps. I had a really hard time finding exactly what I was looking for which is why I was so late but anyway... I am having mine custom made by evenstarpaperie.com. The whole process has been very very easy and Tessa has been a pleasure to work with. She sent me my proofs along with a ton of different paper ideas for me to choose from just in case I wasn't happy with everything. Believe me I was very happy and the price was less than the one invite that I was debating on buying. You should take a look at her site. She has a ton of beautiful invites. She also is on FB so you can see some stuff there as well.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i ordered mine online...i too had a hard time finding what i wanted....I ordered mine on July 15th or 16th...they arrived on july 24th....three months until my wedding LOL  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Jenniferk08Jenniferk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how far ahead depends on how long it will take for them to come in. i bought mine about 2 or 3 weeks before i was sending them. leave room for the possibility of errors, incorrect spelling etc...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine through custompaperworks.com. I purchased mine about 9 months before because they were custom-made.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mmo510mmo510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I planned on doing them on my own, but ran out of time.  I found my invites on etsy.com.  The seller I am working with is Laura from Letter Punch Designs.  She has been AMAZING to work with- she is very patient and has gone through multiple rounds with us.  She was also much more affordable than store bought and other custom options.  ( http://letterpunchdesign.com/)  If you contact Laura please let her know the Michele 10/17/09 sent you.  Good luck!  Laura gets her invites to you within a week of signing off on the design.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards