Michigan-Detroit

Nervous about pick my reception venue

was anyone else?  I thought I would be excited but I’m really nervous and I’m not sure why.  We both really like the place and granted its not the date I would have picked but it will allow me to have the “winter” theme I like.  It’s at the top of our budget but decided to cut back on a few extra to make it work better for us so I don’t get why I’m feeling this way. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nervous about pick my reception venue

• terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does FI feel nervous about it too? If so, maybe consider a different one at a lower price point? Which one did you pick?
  • edited December 2011
    I was exactly the same way- I wanted to LOVE my reception site and be so excited, but by the time we picked it after looking at 20 other places, I was just ready to be done. I was just kind of "eh." I'm more excited about it now than I was, so maybe once you're over the stress of trying to figure out your date it will grow on you!

HTH!!
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really nervous too. I am in love with our reception location but I am a very indecisive person by nature so I always second guess decisions I make. It was a really big deal for us to go and sign papers and actually secure the date and the location. Plus, it was a very sobering moment. At that point, the "idea" of the wedding became more of a "reality" and as excited as I was (and still am, of course) it was a little scary! 

It sounds like you've worked together on coming to a good decision, it is an exciting moment and a huge check, I think it's natural to be nervous. You will feel so much better afterwards though, trust me! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might not be what you want to hear, but I knew right away that I wanted to have our reception at our venue.  We had been to so many weddings over the years, and it was the one place I LOVED.  In fact, it was the only hall we looked at.  But then again, maybe that's why I didn't overthink the decision?
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I felt the same way about our date. We wanted an October wedding, but the venue we booked didn't have any available dates we were interested in. I'm still a little bummed about it not being in October, but it is just a technicality. You're getting married and that's the important thing.

What helped me get over it better was focusing on the positive rather than the negative. I'm sure you'll make it work, whatever you decide
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think FI is more excited than I’m but he would never admit it.  It’s not that I don’t love the place I think I’m a little bummed that we can’t the date(s) we wanted, which we really didn’t have a specific date just a time frame Oct or early Nov.  I know no matter which date we pick everything will be fine.  I just hate the cold and am afraid I won’t be able to find any places for pictures in the winter.  Well I'm off the make the final discussion, wish me luck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • terbear_86terbear_86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good Luck!
  • ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my reception location is NOT my dream or the one i liked best, but it's the best price, for great food, great bar selection and the hotel is attached. it has everything i wanted and it's practical for not only myself, but for hosting our friends and family. 

i'm not so much nervous as i am not thrilled to death. lol either way you'll have a wonderful time and the day after you wont care one bit :)
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I had any ideas as to where I wanted our wedding. We both knew right away when we saw our venue, Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    I was nervous too.  I think its natural to be nervous its one of the bigger decisions you make for the wedding!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nervous-pick-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:9cff884f-9595-4388-8afc-dcc681e43d2dPost:0d155dc7-90ad-40bc-b3f0-4397c6df69fa">Re: Nervous about pick my reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think FI is more excited than I’m but he would never admit it.   It’s not that I don’t love the place I think I’m a little bummed that we can’t the date(s) we wanted, which we really didn’t have a specific date just a time frame Oct or early Nov.   I know no matter which date we pick everything will be fine.   I just hate the cold and am afraid I won’t be able to find any places for pictures in the winter.  Well I'm off the make the final discussion, wish me luck.
    Posted by Autumnbride2010[/QUOTE]

With a good photog, they can make any picture look amazing in ANY setting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards