New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Reception Sites?

I'm looking for a place around $100/pp for the reception, in the Hudson Valley and nearby surrounding regions.  I can go over $100 if the place is really worth it...any suggestions?  My sister got married at Villa Borghese in 2002 and I'm trying to avoid returning because I'm looking for my own special place.  Any recommendations for a beautiful place with great food and service, a great reputation, and affordability you guys know of? Ps anyone have any reviews of the Tarrytown House in Westchester?  Saw some terrible reviews on other sites...

Re: Reception Sites?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Anthony's Pier 9 in New Windsor, I'm not sure where you're looking. It's affordable and beautiful. www.piernine.com
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    girlwith1heart...my stepsister just got married at the tarrytown house this past may. i was crossing my fingers for her b/c i heard mixed reviews too, but there was no need for that b/c everything was great. no complaints.
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you may want to check out the view on the hudson, not sure of their current rates, it may be a bit higher than $100/pp.www.theviewonthehudson.com
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at Patriot Hills in Stony Point in Rockland County, and we are paying less than $100pp.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    .jae..jae. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to a wedding at the tarrytown house last year and i thought it was amazing. the place is gorgeous and the wedding itself was beautiful. the bride and groom were so impressed with the service, they still talk about it--and they are VERY picky people. (not that it matters, but they have a lot of money and could have had their wedding anywhere, but they chose there and they loved it.) we stayed there for two nights and the room was really nice, too. i didn't know they got bad reviews? good luck with the search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are places in Dutchess: The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel, Christos, The Links in Lagrangeville, Villa Borghese, Arbor Ridge, Fishkill Holiday Inn, Dutchess Manor.In Putnam: Putnam National Golf Club! (That's where we are getting married:)  Villa Barone (on Fridays and Sundays they will fit your budget)In Danbury: Danbury Plaza Holtel, Anthonny's Lake Club, In Northern Westchester: Ceola Manor, Hollowbrook Golf club, Colonial Terrace, Mount Kisco Holiday InnThese are all traditional ballroom settings, there are also a host of restaurants with banquest rooms that would fit as well. Not sure what you are looking for, but hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey i'm getting married at the Villa Borghese but can understand wanting your own place. Try Patriot Hills, Anthonys Pier 9, Inn at Central Valley, The Tides (northern NJ). Good Luck
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Villa Barone in  Mahopac. They are $95 for the middle package and its a lot of stuff =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception's at Round Hill House in Washingtonville. It's not your typical "reception hall," but rather a converted old house, which I loved.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    were having ours at Anthonys Pier 9 as well. Its beautiful, the food is great as well as the prices. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at Patriot Hills too and loved it!  Def in your price range!
  • Options
    Jenniferk08Jenniferk08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    villa barone in mahopac is beautiful. it was one of my top choices until we found the one in throggs neck. another place that is nice is the riverview in yonkers. it was the original place i had wanted except my little sister had her sweet 16 there and it just felt odd...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will also recommend The Poughkeepsie Grand and Anthony's Pier 9.  They have great food, great atmospher and their prices are fantastic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to recommend our venue, The Grandview in Poughkeepsie.  They are around your price range (a little more on Saturday night), and were absolutely wonderful!  It's right on the Hudson River, overlooking the Mid-Hudson Bridge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    I second the view on the hudson. I'm paying around that for my wedding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at The Thayer Hotel at West Point.  We are paying under $100pp.  I love it there, and the catering manager has been very accommodating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception @ Skytop Steakhouse & Brewery in Kingston.  Depending on what you are looking for it is perfect ... we are paying about $70 pp for open bar for 3 hrs. and beer and wine during dinner followed by a cocktail hour during the last hour.  It is rustic yet classy ... I fell in love.  Take a look @ their website, you never know!
  • Options
    grooms momgrooms mom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Anthony's Pier Nine.  They do a spectacular job.  Happy Planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anthony's pier9 is wonderful. I worked there for 4 years and now I'm getting married there in Sept of 2010.  They run between 70-90 a person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in 3 weeks at West Park Winery (just north of Highland).  About 100 per person, but you do have to bring in your own alchol. Grandview has a few different options and the Poughkeepsie Grand has been redone and is supposed to be great.  Smaller places maybe not heard of as much might be LeChambord or Bykenhulle House in East Fishkill. 
  • Options
    Coley517Coley517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin got married at Anthony's Pier and my sister got married at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel (PGH). PGH is a great value. i think around $80. and they offer  5 free hotel rooms and bridal room. nice perks. If you decide to go with villa borghese, let me know. If i refer you we both get $2-$4 off per head.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow...thank you all so much for those terrific recommendations and reviews! It's hard to find a place that will accept a party under 100...I really like the Grandview but unfortunately, they do require at least 100...and we'll probably be more like 50-80. I'm definitely going to look into lots of the places you all recommended...thanks for the good wishes and congratulations to all of you on your own weddings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to recommend my venue, Greentree Country Club in New Rochelle as they would probably fit your price range for a Friday night wedding or Saturday or Sunday afternoon. They did an amazing job at our wedding to say the least. I just read your last post though and noticed that you are having a small party. I know that Davenport, which is right next door to Greentree, accomodates parties under 100. I just love the area because the views are spectacular and all of the venues on that strip get great reviews.
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Amy... my mom got married at the Davenport, so we went by when I was looking for venues. It was too small for the amount of guests we're having, but for a small wedding it's VERY reasonably priced (under 100 definitely with flowers) and has the same views as the other venues along that road.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    StellarpuppyStellarpuppy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend The Links at Union Vale (just off the taconic and very easy to get to).  We just got married there (July 11th!) and we had a BLAST.  Teri was so great to work with, the staff were so professional and helpful.  Everyone was just so impressed with the staff.  The food was amazing and it was all around a great deal for the ridiculous price range in the hudson valley.We booked back in Dec 2007 so we had lower prices ($82 for open non top shelf liquor) but it's still pretty good at $87 generic brand and $90 top shelf.  There is a 100 person minimum for Saturdays but they are very understanding and will count vendors and kids if they really need to.  Honestly - you don't get the view of the hudson but the views there are to die for as well.  And if you want to get married on site it is gorgeous as well.  So beautiful.You can check out pictures here:  [url]http://jayandninaswedding.shutterfly.com/[/url] password: maurergagnon

TTC #1
    BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    How we will announce to the world we are expecting! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i highly recommend the colonial terrace in cortlandt manor.  well within your price range and magnificent grounds.
  • Options
    Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    edited December 2011
    Check out Jean Jacques Caterers.  They are based out of Pleasantville but have a handful of venues they work with exclusively. The food is amazing and you get so much for the price. I am using them for my wedding, I booked the Rowsley Estate.
  • Options
    Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    edited December 2011
    I also had problems finding a venue for a smaller wedding! My venue only requires a minimum of 50 people (even for a Saturday night!), holds 120 max.
  • Options
    Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Christos, on McCann Golf Course. Or perhaps a hotel that offeres weddings for different sizes. There's also The Morse Estate. Maybe a country club as well? Dutchess country club has a smaller room for something like this. Good luck!
  • Options
    NikkiesixNikkiesix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Canyon Club in Armonk. It is a county club. So far they have been very accomodating and do not have many "stupid" rules regarding when one can arrive, etc. I am getting married on a friday night and the cost per head is less than $100. This may have changed since we booked it in early 2008. Nice place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards