Michigan-Detroit

Overwelmed!

My wedding is covered top to bottom, but I am having trouble with the reception... The problem starts with not knowing the budget his parents have not said anything, and we are not sure how much we will have :(
No matter what itis a low budget!!!! I am super stressed with where to have it... and if I am doing it all myself how much everything will cost! I looked though and people are posting that there cost like 60 something pp and that is crazy.... anyone have anything for me???

Re: Overwelmed!

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, welcome!  Before we can answer your question, it would help to know where your ceremony is so that we can advise you of locations near by.

Also, what did you mean by it was covered top to bottom?  Meaning the rest of it is planned except for the reception?  I'm a little confused.
  • jenih127jenih127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol sorry... we are getting married at Sandals Ocho Rios Jamaica in May... the Plan is in June to have the reception here at home. My mom is paying for our weddingmoon.... including my dress and other
    I live in oakland county so I am looking more toward Waterford/Clarkston/Rochester area... About 150-200 people, achl is a most, and it would be ideal to do our own food but cannot win every battle. We are basically doing our reception from taxes which sucks but I am sure it can be done...
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So it's an At Home Reception then?  Generally these tend to be very low key affairs since it's not the reception at the actual wedding.  So hopefully it will be cheaper.

Unfortunately I'm not too much help when it comes to venues though.  Although you could look at VFW halls or something similar.  You would be able to cater yourself that way too.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Oak Arbor in Rochester - that's where we're planning on getting married and having the reception. They do not have their own caterer, which can be a good thing - you can find someone cheap! 

We are using River Crest Catering... for less than $34/per person we get the hor'dourves, the buffet (with 3 meats), AND late night pizza.. this price also includes all the fees such as set up, tear down, waitstaff, barstaff, and dishwashers. (Oak Arbor requires your caterer to do all that). I honestly think it's a GREAT price. Check out their website... I'm pretty sure 2-entree buffet start at $12 or $13/per person. ALSO - River Crest actually has it's own site!! The reason we're going with Oak Arbor is because we can have the ceremony and reception in one place. Totally check out River Crest, though. Nino - the owner/manager - is wonderful. :-)
  • jenih127jenih127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol.. I just saw this but thank you I finally figured it out.. we are going to Indepences oaks and my family is doing the food...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards