Michigan-Detroit
Options

I'm all wedding'd out until...

September.

FI and I attended 4 weddings in 4 weekends... concluding last weekend. All were lots of fun.. but uber time consuming and expensive. We went to Vegas for one of them. All of this has kept me from wanting to talk about anything wedding related.. and kept me from wanting to plan any more details.. so I decided to wait until Sept. 1 to make anymore plans. As Sept. 1 quickly approaches (where did the summer go?) - I'm slowly starting to want to think about the wedding again. Which is good because all of my helpers have been calling me about details (so I really didn't get a break at all).

So.. soon - I'm going to get to work on ALL of my DIY projects, start collecting all of the decor for our dusk ceremony and evening reception and make some final choices about a photobooth, DJ and chairs all by October 1st.

Anyone else have to take a break from thinking about wedding planning?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com

Re: I'm all wedding'd out until...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL, yeah pretty much every day. and as the date gets closer, the less I feel like doing! I am generally pretty lazy though, so that might have something to do with it. It is very hard for me to stop thinking about the wedding though. I am an over analyzer, so it's always on my mind.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol.. I feel you. Sometimes I just don't wanna! But I'm constantly thinking about little details. grrr.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Holy cow, that's a lot of weddings!

I have to say though, I was never super exciting about going to weddings until I started planning my own.  I only went to 2 while I was engaged, but it was so helpful to see what it's like at a wedding from the guests' perspective.  It really helped me make up my mind on some things I wanted to do (and wanted to avoid!) at my own wedding.  So maybe going to all those weddings was a good thing! 

To answer your question, I took a loooong break while I was wedding planning.  There was a good 3 or 4 month span where I did nothing, and I was only engaged for 11 months!  I think everyone does it. :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah CM - I really HATED weddings until I got engaged.. now the FI and I go - and party HARD! I swear - we've had some the the BEST times at these latest weddings. Makes me feel bad for having suck a sucky times at all the previous ones. Perhaps they weren't as bad as I thought they were.. And that kinda makes me a bad person.

LOL - that you took a 3-4 month break during 11 months. Sometimes you really have to take a step back.. besides - once the major stuff is done - the small details seem overly tedious.

I really don't want to stress out about anything. Good luck, I know.. but seriously - it's one day.. I want it to be perfect but not a detriment to my sanity.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_im-weddingd-out-until?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:a0cbfee7-6df9-4a96-b67b-ec837a60f368Post:81309080-e2c7-4fcc-8eec-b09573fb4535">Re: I'm all wedding'd out until...</a>:
    [QUOTE] LOL - that you took a 3-4 month break during 11 months. Sometimes you really have to take a step back.. besides - once the major stuff is done - the small details seem overly tedious. I really don't want to stress out about anything. Good luck, I know.. but seriously - it's one day.. I want it to be perfect but not a detriment to my sanity.
    Posted by DetroitGyrl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I moved really fast when I first got engaged.  Spent 2 months solid looking at pictures, booking the key vendors (church, reception venue and photog), got my dress.  Then I just kind of pooped out, lol.  Plus it was during the holidays (I'd say from mid-Nov. through the end of Feb.), I was stressed with other things, and just didn't feel like doing anything wedding!  Then March rolled around and I just about had a panic attack when I looked at my ticker.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm not saying I would recommend it (I was kind of drowning in a sea of DIY projects near the end) but it can be done!  
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah - I need to get my DIY projects out of the way - ASAP! lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wedded myself out so much it caused me to consider a smaller wedding. After I realized all of the details I would be eliminating with a smaller gig...I honestly felt so much better. The smaller wedding remains to be seen at this point as we haven't made a decision quite yet but yes, I think the wedding planning burnout is probably common.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards