Michigan-Detroit

Tell Us Tuesday

On a typical day, how much effort do you put into your appearance?  Do you style your hair everyday?  Throw it up in a ponytail?  What about make up?  Accessories?

Re: Tell Us Tuesday

• edited December 2011
    I put very little effort into my appearance, like 2% maybe.

I do not wear makeup and I usually just leave my hair down. I only wear my wedding band, engagement ring, watch, diamond stud earrings I received from DH on wedding day and my initial necklace DH got me for my birthday 3 years ago.

I have enough to do in the morning before heading out the door to worry about anything else.

As a matter of fact, I'm late for one of my first treatments now.
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't do much. I have started using a little more product in my hair lately, but luckily I have very easy to work with hair that is naturally straight, just spend a bit of time blow-drying it and put in some stuff to detangle and add volume.

Makeup...depends on the day. Never takes longer than 10 minutes. I always put on coverup, blush, mascara, and lip gloss and/or tinted balm. If I have extra time I'll do eyeshadow and liner, but that's a rarity...I usually end up wasting time on waha.e and then I'm rushing and don't have time, haha.
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I spend some effort.  I won't leave the house without makeup, but my routine is 10 minutes max - probably closer to 5.  I wear my ring and usually a necklace, but part of that is that I have a necklace that FI gave me that feels sort of like an engagement ring to me.  I feel funny if I realize I've left it off.  And hair?  I blow dry it really quick, paying some attention to the ends with a round brush.  Total time for hair and makeup?  Probably 15 minutes.  Time surfing the knot boards when I should be getting ready for work?  Waaaay more than that.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I'm just going to work (at my primary job or at the dive shop) I'll throw my hair back in a ponytail and just put on a little foundation.  If I'm helping my FI with his stuff, I dress business casual, hair down and styled, and full make-up. 

As for accessories, I always wear my e-ring, and my claddaugh that my FI gave me.  When I dress up more than jeans and a t-shirt I'll wear a necklace and maybe some earrings.
  • edited December 2011
    I spend about 30 minutes getting ready for work and about an hour if I am going any place else. 95% of the time I blow dry my curly hair straight and wear it down. I always wear makeup but tend to wear a bit more when I am going out and not just to work.

I actually hate my hair in a pony tail. I also have to wash my hair every day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On a typical day, how much effort do you put into your appearance? It takes me around 45 min to get ready for work.  
    Do you style your hair everyday? I try and straighten it for work but it depends on time.
    Throw it up in a ponytail?  If i'm running late then yes. 
    What about make up? I always wear make up to work. 
    Accessories? I've never been much into jewelery on an every day basis but I'm starting to become more.  I own a lot but I normally wear it for going out.

I was a huge tomboy growing up and never really cared about how I looked (wore uniforms to high school, always had my hair in a pony tail etc) once I hit college I got a little better but still wore sweats to class a lot but now I'm more into getting ready in the morning.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I spend more time than I'd like getting ready, but most of it is out of my control. Hair takes 20 mins to dry (reduced from 45 since the keratin treatment) then 25 mins to straighten or curl. Makeup is about 10-15 mins. Then about 3 outfit/shoe changes. All in, about an hour. During the week I wear the same Tiffany earrings/necklace every day, so I guess that saves me time :) I'm also obsessed about my nails. No chips allowed. I type a lot during the day, so manicures at least once per week (DIY to save money) and pedicures once a month (not DIY - I love pedicures!) When I have time, I actually enjoy getting ready. After I move in with FI I'm going to get a vanity with a bench for the guest room so I can have somewhere proper to get ready. Oh, and one of those magnifying mirrors!
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on the day. 
    Because I work at a health club, a few days per week I workout before work and then get ready in the locker rooms.  Most of those days I just throw product in my hair and scrunch it to curl a bit more than usual.  The humidity is way too high to straighten my hair properly in the locker rooms.
    At home, if I have time I will blow dry and straighten it, otherwise the scrunch and curl method above or occassionally some kind of more professional looking ponytail (like adding twists or a bump so I don't look like a slob at work...although I do love messy ponytails when I'm not working).
    Every day I wear eye makeup, other makeup is rare.
    For jewelry I always wear my e-ring and at least 3 earrings but up to 7.  I almost always wear my Tiffany's necklace, but occassionally I 'll throw on something a bit more exxtravagant.  I also wear my Tiffany's charm bracelet a few days per week.

Outft changes take me FOREVER in the morning. I can never decide what to wear...ever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Depends what I'm doing, really.  If I'm going to work at my restaurant job, it's ponytails and very little make-up, if any.  If I'm going to my internship, I might add a little more make-up and I might wear my hair straight (although a lot of days it ends up in a ponytail anyway).  If I'm staying at home I generally wear my hair down and straight, sometimes I'll wear some make-up if we're going out.

Overall I don't put a lot of effort in my appearance.  In high school I used to curl my hair with hot rollers at least 2-3 mornings out of the week, but I'll never go back to that.  Too early and too much effort.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm low-effort on a typical day.  I wear my hair in a ponytail, and no makeup.  Jewelry is my watch, e-ring, one other pearl ring, and maybe a necklace.

When I start my job in the fall, I plan to do ponytails less, but I still probably won't wear much makeup.
  • Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm fairly low maintenance. My morning routine is 45 minutes, including shower, blow drying my short hair, and maybe some make-up. If I wear make-up, it really only includes eyeshadow, mascara, and blush. I only do that if I'm going to work or going out. Most weekends are make-up free and since my brain was still in weekend mode this morning, I completely forgot to put any on before leaving for work.

For me, the hardest part is deciding what the heck to wear. I'm bored with everything in my closet these days.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Its kind of embarassing how little time I spend getting ready, especially if I am going into the lab. I usually have my hair in a ponytail to keep my hair out of my face while I'm on the microscope or working on sensitive experiments where I need to make sure I don't contaminate myself or my samples by moving my hair out of the way. I usually wear some light foundation with SPF and maybe some eyeshadow. 
    My accessories are pretty simple too, my engagement ring, an opal ring on my right hand, simple necklace and maybe earrings and my watch if I remember to put it on. 
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on what I am doing and the time of year it is.  In the summer we spend most weekends on the boat and I basically get up and throw on some good moisturizer and put my hair up.
    I work in a hospital M-R  at night.  For that I do nothing usually except pull my hair up into a half pony/bun thing and maybe throw on some eye make up if I look tired.

If it is not 90 degrees and humid and my hair can take it....  I really try to make an effort on my days off.  I will straighten may hair and wear some make up.  A little effort goes a long way.  I realize that my FI loves me for who I am makeup and hair done or not.... but I know that he appreciates me still going out of the way on occasion to NOT look like I just crawled out of bed every single day!  On the days I try to look my best... It takes about 75 min total.  As far as jewlery goes... Usually some earrings and my e-ring everyday.  A necklace if I am going out.

• edited December 2011
    I'm super chill. I do not like my hair whatsoever, so somedays it's in a messy bun on top of my head, or a ponytail, but other days I just leave it as is. I only curl it when I'm going out to dinner, or to a party or something. As far as make up goes... I used to wear it all the time but one day when I was 16, I came to school without makeup and my boyfriend at the time said "Whoa! What happened to you?" and from then on I kinda stopped wearing it so much because I would rather feel/look attractive without it and then have that "wow" factor when I wear it, rather than when I don't.
  • Glambride09Glambride09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I can be out the door in 30 minutes for work.  Hair just gets a quick texturizing lotion and makeup is minimal...10 minutes at the most.  Jewelry is typically just my engagement ring and earrings.  The most time is always spent deciding on what to wear.  Sigh...I wish someone would just do that for me.

Venue: Book Cadillac imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I have the easiest hair cut ever. I spike the back and am out the door. If I am going anywhere but work I throw on spiked black bracelets, flip down my septum piercing,  and a spiked collar. I only wear make-up if we are going to a event or a club. Make-up is way too much work unless I'm really goth-ing it up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards