Michigan-Detroit
Options

Amazing gift idea for my FI

So right now I have been researching limo companies for my wedding.  I am thinking possibly a red chrysler 300 for the day of for the wedding party, it will take the girls from the hotel to the church and then itll take the bridal party back to the reception from the church.

In the process of searching, I stumbled across a Red '57 chevy limo that FI loves.  It only seats 4-6, so not practical for wedding party transportation.  However, I was thinking about surprising him and having it pick up the guys and take them to the church OR I was thinking about having it take us from our house to the airport for our honeymoon.  Which do you think is a better idea?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Amazing gift idea for my FI

• Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute idea! Im thinking of doing something similar. I seen a redwings limo and am considering getting that to take the guys to the church!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well how big are his guys? It may seat 4-6 but nobody wants to ride in the betch seat, haha -- I like the idea of it taking you to the airport so he can really express his thanks for such a wonderful surprise! [: 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His guys aren't huge. Jess is the tallest at 6'2"ish, the rest are shorter and none are wide.  If it was for FI plus 3 gms it would probably work, but I guess I didn't figure in if his dad would be going with or anthing.  I will admit the hm plan was partially selfish because I want to ride in it and be able to see his gratitude. 
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should take it to the the airport together, so you can both enjoy it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What if you and FI rode in it from the church to the reception?  It'd be an awesome getaway car and then the photog could get some pics of you, and pics of you guys in it, too.  The limo could take the bridal party from church to reception.

DH and I rode in a car just the two of us from the church to the reception and it was hands down one of the best decisions we made.  It was really our only down time the whole day... it was so fun to just talk and be excited together that we were actually married.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_amazing-gift-idea-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:a2f41d39-2106-49ec-adf6-aff8edb5427aPost:1332c69e-4f24-4617-a673-a228a5dc0f9a">Re: Amazing gift idea for my FI</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if you and FI rode in it from the church to the reception?  It'd be an awesome getaway car and then the photog could get some pics of you, and pics of you guys in it, too.  The limo could take the bridal party from church to reception. DH and I rode in a car just the two of us from the church to the reception and it was hands down one of the best decisions we made.  It was really our only down time the whole day... it was so fun to just talk and be excited together that we were actually married.
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting idea and I never thought about it, that's definitely something to consider!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_amazing-gift-idea-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:a2f41d39-2106-49ec-adf6-aff8edb5427aPost:1332c69e-4f24-4617-a673-a228a5dc0f9a">Re: Amazing gift idea for my FI</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if you and FI rode in it from the church to the reception?  It'd be an awesome getaway car and then the photog could get some pics of you, and pics of you guys in it, too.  The limo could take the bridal party from church to reception. DH and I rode in a car just the two of us from the church to the reception and it was hands down one of the best decisions we made.  It was really our only down time the whole day... it was so fun to just talk and be excited together that we were actually married.
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

This!  We are planning on doing this also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards