Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for a Rustic setting for my wedding! Help!

Hi! I am from the Livonia area and I am looking for a rustic setting for my wedding. I would ideally like a barn or cabin-like venue that will hold approximately 100 people, probably no more than 150. I am REALLY trying hard to avoid a hall, so I need some help with suggestions! I plan to have the ceremony in the same place as the reception, the same room most likely. It doesn't have to be right in Livonia, but I'd like to stay within 50 miles from there to make it easier on family and friends. I would love to hear your suggestions!!

Re: Looking for a Rustic setting for my wedding! Help!

• Options
    lespurcelllespurcell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Cobble Stone Farm in Ann Arbor? I have been to 3 weddings there and its really nice.
    All 3 weddings had their ceremony on-site then used the farm house for their reception.

Here is a link
    http://www.a2gov.org/government/communityservices/ParksandRecreation/Pages/CobblestoneFarmCenterRentals.aspx
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Canterbury Village...they just built  a new chapel from an old barn. It is really cool! Check it out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also check out the River Birch Lodge which I believe is in Howell.  It is a huge cabin basically in the middle of the woods.  It is really classy but also rustic.  Check out Emily Dowd's blog- she shot a wedding there over the summer. www.ejphotos.com . I also attended a wedding there in April and it was great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to check out Misty Farms in Ann Arbor....but we never made it there (MOB was completely against a barn wedding).  I think it looks beautiful.
  • Options
    sjmcsjmc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called Cobblestone Farm and the Parks and Rec person I talked to was EXTREMELY rude! She didn't have any general info (that I would think is normal info you tell people that are inquiring), instead I had to ask all the questions...and she made me feel stupid by answering with a snarky tone! Ugh! The pictures on the site are gorgeous, though! I may check into it anyways if the price is right. 

I cannot find any info on Misty Farms! Their site isn't working, and no one answered at the only number I found for them. Oh well!

I will check into River Birch Lodge and Canterbury Village, thank guys!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I spoke to the woman who owns Misty Farms (probably almost two months ago now), she mentioned that she was creating a new website.  Maybe it's just not up yet.  Here are some links below with a little information on the site and some pictures from other weddings held there.

http://twofootcreative.com/blog/?cat=11

http://www.russwholesaleflowers.com/blog/around-the-web/real-wedding-inspiration-traditional-meets-rustic-goodness-in-ann-arbor-michigan/

• Options
    sjmcsjmc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks hamiltks10! That first blog has some great pictures and makes me really interested. The site is still down and there was no contact info, but I will check her site often in case it comes back up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards