Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR- Recommend your Dog Hotel!!

Ladies,

I live in Warren....i'm looking for a new dog hotel for my babies. They are going to stay for probably 3 days around my wedding and I haven't been really happy with my current one and i'm looking to switch. I'm willing to travel 20 minutes if it's a good facility!

Thanks!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR- Recommend your Dog Hotel!!

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask which one you are not really happy with and why?
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've had great experiences at the Petsmart pet hotel in southfield for our cat. All the employees are very nice. I've also had a friend leave her dog there and she had a good experience as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had to leave Lola Bear at a hotel yet, but I might later this year.  I have heard really good things about Petsmart Hotel in Troy (I think it's in Troy).
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Petsmart hotels anywhere are pretty good.  If anything were to happen they are taken right over to the vet at Banfield (they have a deal with petsmart and are found in a number of the stores).
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-recommend-dog-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:aedf9499-84ca-4654-ad55-5351e077212bPost:0e24e9f0-30ea-4b6d-b75f-439cc209c5d1">Re: NWR- Recommend your Dog Hotel!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petsmart hotels anywhere are pretty good.  If anything were to happen they are taken right over to the vet at Banfield (they have a deal with petsmart and are found in a number of the stores).
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]
    This exactly.  We love that Bella's vet is at the same place at the hotel.  That way they have her full medical history on file.  Or even if she wasn't a client of the vet, just the peace of mind that a vet is 30 feet away if need be.
  • Options
    Silverfire777Silverfire777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at parkway small animal and exotic hospital in Clinton twp. They have the animal activity center attached. I think it is really great there and they have people there 24/7
  • Options
    sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We take our dog to the All American Pet Resort of Lakeshore. Its located in Roseville. We drive our dog there from Canton! So about an hr drive for us, but we absolutely love the staff and that it is staffed all the time. They also have video cameras so you can look up your dog online if you want. I would highly recommend them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs ladies...i guess i should have written my post differently.. I'm go to Pawz Inn in Madison Heights and I think they are great, I they treat my dogs great...I'm looking for a faciilty that is a little bigger and isn't concrete. My dogs nails are always ground down and it's not that great for their joints to be running around on concrete.

I will never go to Petsmart...they won't accept my dogs because they are boxer/pitbulls. Both of my dogs have the AKC certification and passed Canine good Citizen tests, but because they are pit bulls, i'm limited which is sad. I need a pet resort that treats dogs well regardless of the breed they were born;)

i have been to the All American resort in RO, but they charge you for every little thing..to feed, for your dog to play. I'm not sure what the $35 a night is for?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've used all american pet resort before and they are pretty good.  Camp bow wow is also really good.
  • Options
    cmusmiles85cmusmiles85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We use Camp Bowwow in Brighton- they have other locations though. They have cameras set up in the playrooms so I can watch our dog during the day while I'm at work. They have treated our dog great and he LOVES it there.
    Anniversary Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    michgreenemichgreene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We use Doggie in the Window in Berkley and cannot say enough good things about them! All the girls that work there are so sweet, and I feel 100% comfortable leaving my dog there. Defintely worth checking out!
  • Options
    laureng1223laureng1223 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have brought my dog to the PetSmart in Southfield since he was 4 months old.  They are great to him there!   He gets excited and starts jumping around the car when we pull into the parking lot, and then pulls me to the back of the store (where the Pet Hotel is).   I like the fact that he is in a room, and not a crate, and gets play time with other dogs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards