Michigan-Detroit
Options

Cermony music

So I'm thinking of walking down to the Vitamin string quartet's version of the U2 classic "With or Without You".  Do you think I should have the flower girl walk out at the beginning of my song, or her own song?  Here is the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGhWRMGHHe8   Also, any recessional music suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
For Sale Bio!

Re: Cermony music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you mean by her "own" song?  Do you mean bridal party walk to 1, FG walk to a 2nd, and you walk to a 3rd?  If that's what you mean, I'd say no.  I think that might be too choppy.  I'd have the FG walk out to the same music that the bridal party is walking to. 

Recessional music:  one of my friends used an instrumental version of "A Crazy Little Thing Called Love," and it was fantastic!!!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't get to You Tube at work...  But regardless, I would have the flower girl walk down the aisle to a different song than you.  Why not have her walk down to the same song as the bridal party?
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lespurcelllespurcell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE this song...I was originally going to use it but a friend of mine offered to play violin @ my wedding so I took her up on it. 

This is truly one of my FAVORITE songs! 

Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she should walk down to whatever your BP is walking down to. She doesn't need her own song. But you should have your own song. You're the star of the show.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mel7997mel7997 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bitter Sweet Symohony for the rest of the BP.  That just seemed a little fast for my FG.  She is 6 and walking down by herself and VERY shy.  I tend to spoil her and wouldn't mind giving her a song of her own.  Wink

Thx ladies
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
    For Sale Bio!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_cermony-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b0d4f6ce-52ad-4ad1-98b7-5c877958eab2Post:dd346dc0-ab25-41cc-99aa-5bc6cc59d8ad">Re: Cermony music</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Bitter Sweet Symohony for the rest of the BP.  That just seemed a little fast for my FG.  She is 6 and walking down by herself and VERY shy.  I tend to spoil her and wouldn't mind giving her a song of her own.  Thx ladies
    Posted by mel7997[/QUOTE]

I would still advise her to walk down the aisle to the same song as the bridal party.  Her walking down the aisle will take no more than a minutes (probably more like 30 seconds) and it would feel weird to have another song play for this short of time.  Maybe the music could be toned down or softened for when she is walking down the aisle.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have her walk down to the BP song as well.

My recessional music is Bittersweet Symphony :-)
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp. Have the flower girl walk down to the BP song. We used Bittersweet Symphony for my entrance. For the recessional we used "It's a Beautiful Day" by U2.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just had our pianist play something really pretty for the flowers girls to walk down to. Short and simple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards