Michigan-Detroit
Options

Looking for a Victorian/Vintage Style Venue for Bridal Shower...Help, Please?

Hi Knotties,

So my aunt is planning my "Victorian Elegance" themed bridal shower and we both live out-of-state; can you recommend any venues that would fit this theme?

We already tried the DIA, Grosse Pointe War Memorial and Meadow Brook Hall.

Thanks for your help, girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for a Victorian/Vintage Style Venue for Bridal Shower...Help, Please?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try, Lovett Hall at the Henry Ford Museum 

Or The Whitney in Detroit

Hope this helps!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I vote for The Whitney also!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While Lovett Hall is gorgeous (I just had my reception there!) I think it might be too big for a bridal shower. They recommend having no less than 150 people for a reception....just to give you some reference.

You could also try Cranbrook in Birmingham.  It's gorgeous.
  • Options
    SarahP83SarahP83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_looking-victorianvintage-style-venue-bridal-showerhelp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b316ee05-4fc2-41fb-b085-9f9113ab22b4Post:52cc37b1-ff39-4bf5-8323-8a1af0c71435">Re: Looking for a Victorian/Vintage Style Venue for Bridal Shower...Help, Please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]While Lovett Hall is gorgeous (I just had my reception there!) I think it might be too big for a bridal shower. They recommend having no less than 150 people for a reception....just to give you some reference. You could also try Cranbrook in Birmingham.  It's gorgeous.
    Posted by songbrd410[/QUOTE]

Lovett Hall was actually my number two reception choice behind the Colony Club...it is amazing there!  You are right, it is quite large and would probably feel empty for a bridal shower.

As for the Cranbrook...I didn't even think of that one- thanks so much!  Just sent them an event request. : )

Does anyone know the name of the village that is just outside of Great Lakes Crossing...I remember going there around Christmas time and it being "vintagey"?

The Whintey is on the list!

Thanks for all of your help, Knotties- you are all so helpful!!  : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Canterbury Village! Good thinkin'.
  • Options
    SarahP83SarahP83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_looking-victorianvintage-style-venue-bridal-showerhelp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b316ee05-4fc2-41fb-b085-9f9113ab22b4Post:51c1f2b0-ed14-4004-a019-e17114f9af1f">Re: Looking for a Victorian/Vintage Style Venue for Bridal Shower...Help, Please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Canterbury Village! Good thinkin'.
    Posted by songbrd410[/QUOTE]

Ahhh...THANK YOU!  I was thinking cadbury; but that's Easter.  ; )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mrs0toBeMrs0toBe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Victorian Tea Parlor might work

http://www.victorianteaparlor.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards