Michigan-Detroit

All About Ceremonies!

The next thing on my list is to figure out ceremony music. Here are my questions:

How many songs do I need to have picked out while guests are being seated? 5? 6?

Also, what sites do I use to look for music? We're not having a religious ceremony. The mucisians I hired suggested looking into Jim Brickman music. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what songs I should listen to? I need to get this done within the next week so I can work on my programs. Which leads me to my next request :)

If you have pictures of your programs, can you please e-mail them to me at augustbride_2010 at yahoo dot com? TIA!

Re: All About Ceremonies!

• edited December 2011
    I didn't pick out what songs were played for prelude (other than the special ones, like grandparents seated, parents seated, etc.) so I'm no help there.  I would say just leave it in their hands!  But maybe that's just me feeling lazy this week ; )

Do you want pics of programs or templates?  I have no pics of mine, but I can e-mail you the Word doc of my program if you want it.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't help with music, as we are also working to figure ours out right now, but I emailed pictures of my program mockup, and the template.  hope it helps!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

This sounds like a weird suggestion but I got a lot of ideas by going to you tube and searching wedding ceremony music.  There is quite a bit on there!

• edited December 2011
    I have been debating picking seating music, FI doesn't think we need to pick and I kind of want to, so that is undecided.  If I end up picking myself and not having the DJ do it then I will probably just pick some of our favorite love songs.  weddingwire actually has a pretty extensive list of songs for a lot of categories, you could pick from the first dance songs even.

As for the program, that is the project for the day!  I'd be happy to send you mine when I finish if you are still interested.  I actually have been googling wedding programs and just getting ideas from there.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's my recommendation for what it's worth:

One of the Hobby Lobby sales I bought a wedding CD for half price. This is the website for the company that made it (they are "covers" of well known prelude, processional, ceremony & recessional songs)

www.myweddingmusic.com

They have the standards on there. If you want something "different" I think the suggestions above might help.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    My program was religious so I don't know how helpful it will be but I'd be happy to send it.

The organist played a bunch of classical music while people were being seated. I didn't bother going through and picking songs so I'm not sure how many he used.

Basically I'm of no help except to suggest letting the DJ/musician deal with it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked 2 Vitamin String Quartet songs - one for the parents and bridal party and one for me walking down the aisle.  We let the DJ pick the songs for the time when guests were being seated.  He ended up just picking some other VSQ songs and it worked out nicely.  If you aren't familiar with them, Vitamin String Quartet covers all kinds of popular (and not-so-popular) music.  They were the pefect fit for our non-religious ceremony.  Bridal party walked to "All I Want Is You" by U2 and I walked to "All You Need Is Love" by The Beatles. 

Taryn (catsfancy) used Jim Brickman songs...think she might be on the nest now.  You could ask her for some suggestions.

Youtube and iTunes are my favorite places to listen to samples of music. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards