Michigan-Detroit
Options

Best Places to Shop for reasonable wedding dress!

Some brides are all about the dress.... I'm simple! Did there someplace you had a great experience? Please share! I am going Saturday!

Re: Best Places to Shop for reasonable wedding dress!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Alessandra's at 12 Mile & Hoover in Warren. My sister got her dress from there for her wedding this past June. Absolutely stunning and very reasonably priced. 
  • Options
    shaneikawshaneikaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unique Lady is a very good boutique in Oak Park on coolidge and 9 mile that do wedding and they are very nice and personable, but i went to Davids Bridal in Dearborn they were really nice and the girl that help me was really nice and professional, also my dress was on sell.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Alessandras. I got my dress there, the BM dresses, and FMIL got her dresses there, too. Also, take a look at the vendor sticky post (post at the top of the board with the push pin).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what you consider reasonable. Some brides think 7 grand is reasonable... YIKES!!! LOL I thought my dress was reasonable at 680 and it is a Maggie Sottero. Try I do too bridal in downtown Plymouth, great customer service and they are super nice. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Something blue for you. Here is her facebook site. Some of the dresses are actually cheaper in store. Though you need to make an appointment, you cant just stop in...which I a actually loved. We had the whole store to ourselves. It was awsome. I got mine for $250 out the door.

https://www.facebook.com/melanie.beals#!/pages/Something-Blue-4-U/243135010183
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Allesandra's...........wonderful staff, lots of gowns under $1000 (I got mine at a sample sale for $235). Be aware though that if you buy a sample, the alterations will be more, because it's not very close to your size.....my alterations were $165.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Wedding Shoppe in Berkely has a nice selection of dresses all under $2K.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    vantilkavantilka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP  I Do, Too! Bridal in Plymouth has a wide range of prices, friendly staff, No APPT NEEDED!! and a lot of different sizes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Victoria's bridal in Dearborn, They're great and alterations are in the dress price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I went to Allessandra's and it was fine..I wasn't nuts about their selection. I ended up purchasing my dress from Nichole Michaels....It's at like 22 and Schoenherr.  Nichole is AWESOME and my dress is gorgeous and only cost $650.  I would highly recommend. 
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    felicia510felicia510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Belissima's in downtown Rochester. Great prices, Nancy the owner helped me and was wonderful. They have Blue by Enzoani and Maggie Sottero
  • Options
    jolla92126jolla92126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have a lot of time, so I couldn't order a dress.

I went to Becker's Bridal in Fowler (north of Lansing) and bought a sample off the rack for $650.  They have samples in lots of sizes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the Wedding Shoppe in Berkley!  they keep their prices low by carrying unique private label designers!  their staff is knowledgable and fun  they actually listen to what you are saying!  they have everything you could dream of!!  enjoy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this isn't the 'proper' board for this, but I have a wedding dress, size 4 that's brand new in the box. I bought it from David's bridal on a whim, but then a friend offered for me to borrow her dress. I paid $500 for the dress and would like to sell it for the same.

It's ivory and has an empire waist. If you're interested, you can PM me or email me at vk999@hotmail.com and I'll send you pics.

Good luck on your dress hunt!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vicklet - you'll have better luck posting this on our Wednesday "for sale" thread.
  • Options
    msteachesmsteaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Dior Bridal in Dearborn. I believe it was around $1000 for Maggie Sottero during a trunk sale.

If you like Maggie dresses, I know there is a trunk sale at Arena Bridal this weekend and they are offering 10% off the listed price but free alterations. They also have a ton of bridemaids dresses at Arena.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards