Michigan-Detroit
Options

I need to take deep breaths..

I'm really trying to stay calm and not go off.

I'm one of those people that likes to plan things well in advance so that I don't have to be stressed..

Needless to say there are some outstanding things on my list that need to be checked off and I need my venue to call me back so that I can get answers and forward them to vendors, make additional plans, etc.

I'm 2 seconds from showing up at the Whitney and asking for my money back.

WHY OH WHY are they giving ME such a hard time? It seems like they finally have their act together - but they fail to respond to my e-mails and took 3 days to respond to my phonecall (AND STILL DIDN'T GIVE ME THE INFORMATION THAT I ASKED FOR). I've been dealing with this for over 3 weeks.

Now - it makes me happy that current brides are having a great time at their weddings and all of their needs are being met... but I'm not getting any of that treatment.

I understand that my wedding is just over 8 months away.. but JESUS - that's no reason to ignore me. I have things that need to be ordered.

I'm jsut at my wits end and I'm really going to try and take deep breaths, calm down and see if they are better this week.

But seriously - I'm about to lose it! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com

Re: I need to take deep breaths..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is super, super frustrating! I am dealing with a vendor who doesn't really respond to my emails AT ALL, so I can relate.  Maybe showing up to see someone in person is the right thing to do? at least that way you have someone in front of you who can answer your questions face to face.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

SO frustrating!!  I'm the same way with planning and I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.  I agree showing up might be the best way...is there another number you can call to ask and make sure someone will be there?  Front desk? Assistant?  I just don't want you do drive up there and have no one even there to help you out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.. I may have to do that.. I might be able to call the front desk and ask if they are there.. it's about a 35 minute drive from where I live and almost an hour from where I work.. but I may just have to do that.. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's what I think, for what it's worth DetroitGyrl: I've booked a lot of my vendors, but not some that I want to book shortly, like caterer. My wedding is farther out than yours is, and I keep trying to keep in mind that there are about 40 weekends before my wedding...........you have roughly 32 weekends. My guess, and I have nothing to support this, is that the weddings coming up before ours are getting more attention, as these people do this for a living, and there are only so many of them (maybe 4-5), and perhaps 10-20 or more brides they are dealing with who have weddings sooner than ours, not to mention other non-wedding events. "Our time" will come to get prompt email responses and phone calls returned, just not on our time schedule.

My final 2 caterers have told me they have reserved my date, I just want a tasting so we can finalize this one major aspect. I have a tasting on 10/3, am still waiting for a response from the other one, in spite of 2 emails. As long as they don't book anything else on my date, I know my time will come............I think it's sort of like planes on a runway, you have to wait your turn, LOL.

Kelki, however, I'd be more concerned if my wedding were 2 months away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. I'm trying to be realistic.. but Sue - I'm not asking for much.. In both of my emails and phone messages I merely requested an email address so that i could send a list of questions and have them back in writing.

That really shouldn't be asking too much. I really wouldn't be so worried - except for this is a JUNE wedding - and everything that I need to book is going FAST! That and the fact that the last person booked a wedding the same day as ours and some of our spaces and supplies are going to overlap.

I just need some questions answered and they are having an incredibly hard time doing that.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DetroitGyrl - I completely understand about the need to book vendors!! All of the 2011 brides are planning NOW, and vendors are getting snatched up left and right :-(    I have already missed out on 2 vendors I really wanted by not moving fast enough, and I would be fustrated if the hold up was due to my venue not returning calls........................
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_need-deep-breaths?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b73d4baf-5b57-4ebe-a782-f6af74c3becbPost:d92c35bf-a2f1-45c5-80a8-219241bd1d79">Re: I need to take deep breaths..</a>:
    [QUOTE]DetroitGyrl - I completely understand about the need to book vendors!! All of the 2011 brides are planning NOW, and vendors are getting snatched up left and right :-(    I have already missed out on 2 vendors I really wanted by not moving fast enough, and I would be fustrated if the hold up was due to my venue not returning calls........................
    Posted by kkbrown7023[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY! Grrrr. lol
    <em>
    </em>I really needed to vent more than anything. I have yet another call out - so I'm hoping I get a call back today.

• Options
    ayisha28ayisha28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really hope they get back to you.  I am getting married there in 25 days and I had all the issues you are having now a little over a month ago.  I'm having a simple ceremony and reception there and the person I initially spoke with and made my initial contract with doesn't even work there.  I emailed for a week waiting for a response and then finally got one.  I called and wasn't allowed to talk to the banquet manager.  Finally I sent an email saying that I was extremely frustrated and demanded a meeting.  She agreed but when I arrived there after an hour drive from work I was informed that the banquet manager was no more.  I have been waiting for an answer on ice cream for over a month.  There are 3 versions of their banquet menu floating around and one of them offers ice cream but all of them offer different meal options.  After chatting with a fellow knottie who got married here in May, I just decided to calm down and hope everything goes as planned.  I'm only having 45 ppl at my wedding and they all know us well.  If this turns out to be a flop, we'll all laugh about it later.  
    I truly empathize with you DetroitGyrl.  You've got a lot of time in front of you to wait and worry.  If I have any tips for you after my wedding on 10/16, I'll be sure to pass them on.  I do have the contact information for the owner if things get really bad PM me!  Yell
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh god - I just read your response. I was certainly just about to complain about how I finally got a voicemail from them with a working email adress - only to have sent the email a week ago with NO response. The MAIN issue is that I meet with a vendor this Saturday and my vendor questions haven't been answered yet. If I have to schedule another meeting with my vendor because the whitney couldn't get back to me - I'll scream.

I really hope you have a fabulous wedding. It sounds like it will be wonderful.

But their communication sucks.. FLAT OUT. I'm not even being an annoying bride - I need SIMPLE questions to things the previous girl never clarified and so that I can hire vendors. I'm only 8 months out and planning to have a wedding during the BUSIEST month of the wedding season. If I lose vendors because I can't book with them because I don't have the answers to my questions - I will be LIVID!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I finally spoke to the people at the Whitney. FINALLY. But only after 3 e-mails and 3 phone calls over the course of 4.5 weeks.

TERRIBLE.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards