Michigan-Detroit
Options

Freaking out about Outdoor wedding. Any suggestions?

My FI and I are planning a backyard wedding in June but I am starting to freak out. I have been looking at tent, tables, etc rental and it is very costly. We are having the wedding reception in his uncle's backyard which has a patio with a place to put the dj and an indoor bar area in the basement which opens up on the patio. We were going to utilize all of that space and just have the guest tables and head table under the tent but I am wondering if that is a bad idea in case it rains. It saves us a lot of money if we use the basement and patio but I keep wondering is it worth it if it rains. I attached some pictures of the house to show what
we have to work with. Any ideas or suggestions on what we should do?

Re: Freaking out about Outdoor wedding. Any suggestions?

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess the biggest question is how many guests do you plan on inviting?  Also, will the caterer need to use any of the indoor space you want to use for prep?

And I am uneducated when it comes to at home receptions but are there any fire codes, health codes stuff that you need to be aware of or that may restrict where you can put the bar and things like that?
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend is planning a wedding in her parent's yard for next June.  She has a large tent that they will set up (with sides) at least 3 days in advance so that the ground will be dry in case of rain.  If it's bad weather, they will leave the sides on.  If not, they will come off.  Just a thought...
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say, great house!

I agree, it would help to know how many people. And, you can buy "carport tents" for like $99 each, figure out how many you'd need to cover the patio. The money will NOT go to waste, because in your entire life you and family & friends will have MANY occasions to use them.

Good luck.
  • Options
    dljackmadljackma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm just hoping everything will work itself out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards