Michigan-Detroit
Options

Destination Wedding Photographer...

I'm looking for recommendations for a local photographer who specializes in weddings or desination weddings.  We are getting married in Cozumel, Mexico and do not want to use the resorts photographer.  I'd prefer an artistic photog with a photo journalist approach.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

Re: Destination Wedding Photographer...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a budget? Try Rachael Waring (rachaelwaring.com). I know she does DWs and has beautiful style. I think her full day package starts around $6k but I don't know how much the travel would be.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try The Camera Chick.  They are very affordable and they actually have a goal of shooting weddings in all 50 states.  So they may be up for Mexico as well!!

http://thecamerachick.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blaine Siesser!!! He does amazing work and he's so easy to work with.  Super laid back, blends in to the party and captures amazing photojournalist shots because everyone forgets he's there.  I'm thrilled with my pictures. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't seem to edit my post, but Blaine has done DW weddings as far away as Istanbul, so I think Mexico will be no big deal to him.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls,
    Haven't been on much! I have been spending some time on thebump!
    But I do I second The Camera Chick! They are amazing!  They did my wedding and I couldn't be happier! I know that they love doing destination weddings. I know they want to shoot weddings all over, and I am pretty sure they haven't done mexico yet, just hawaii! Totally check them out www.thecamerachick.com I promise you will be pleased!
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I third the Camera Chick.
    She has not done our wedding yet, but her pictures are amazing. You can find alot of her pictures on her personal facebook...Just email her for her facebook name or go to the website listed!
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adam Czap.  He is phenomenal, and loves doing destination weddings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer we are going with has done destination weddings! His name is Derek Cookson out of Royal Oak.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    krystnbkrystnb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lorree Smith Photography she has a great eye and will travel definitely worth checking out

www.lorreesmithphotography.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards