Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ann Arbor Reception Sites

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone could give me on any of the reception sites in Ann Arbor? I recently just got engaged and we are starting to look for vendors :) We haven't set a date yet (probably sometime in June next year) but we do know that we are going to get married at the Holy Trinty Student Parish at Eastern Michigan.

Has anyone had their reception at Weber's Inn or have gone to a reception there?

Thanks for any info!
Jenny
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ann Arbor Reception Sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention we would have around 100-120 guests at the reception!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception is going to be at the Michigan Union- the room I reserved (Pendleton) holds around 100 people. They also have the ballroom which is huge. I would check out the League as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im using CObblestone Farms- in Ann Arbor
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sandals Grande St. Lucia
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our Ceremony and reception at Weller's in Saline, pretty close to Ann Arbor. They have 3 different rooms you could use for a reception (and you don't have to have the ceremony there).

Also, depending on your budget, Weber's of Kensington Place are nice. I've never been to either, but I did a lot of research on both. Matthai Botanical Gardens is gorgeous, but they only hold 100 people for a reception.

Good luck :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Kensington Court in Ann Arbor, an they are wonderful to work with.  I am having around 200 guests so they could accomodate you for your wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception is at Polo Fields in Ann Arbor (they also have an Ypsi location).  I also considered:

Travis Pointe Country Club
    Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
    Michigan League/Union
    Weber's
    Sheraton Ann Arbor
    Kensington Court
    Cobblestone Farms

They all have their own sets of advantages/disadvantages, but most had pretty helpful webpages.  I have been to a wedding at Weber's: it was fine, but I wasn't wowed by the service or anything.  At the time, the ballrooms were pretty dated, too.  But this was several years ago, and I think they have improved since then.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      I'm having my wedding at Weber's Inn on August 27. So far, they have been easy to work with and very reasonably priced. They just remodeled the ball rooms (the Atrium ballroom was just finished in May).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got married in the Atrium Ballroom at Weber's.  They were awesome.  I was concerned about what it would look like because I had seen the room when it was bare, but once all the tables, bar, dance floor, etc. got in there it was gorgeous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Mine is at the Sheraton. I've been to several weddings there, and always loved them. I got a GREAT price compared to similar places like Webers or Kensington, but I just heard from a friend who was looking at using them that since they are becoming fully-affiliated with something (whatever that means), their prices are jumping up after 2011. wow, I got lucky!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards