Michigan-Detroit

A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day

Sigh.  This one's for you, ladies.

This morning, as FI is puttering around the kitchen making breakfast, I am sitting at the table addressing our invitations.  These invitations which are going out on Monday.  These invitations which are taking me 20 minutes a piece to calligraphy (calligraphatize?  calligraph?).  These invitations for which we have exactly *2* extra envelopes in case of mistake, since an additional pack of them would have cost us $35.

FI comes over to the table, kisses me on the head, and watches over my shoulder for a while as I address his uncle's invitation.  Thinking that he's admiring my awesome gold calligraphy, and feeling somewhat obnoxiously smug about it, I fish for a compliment and say "Whatcha lookin' at, baby?"

In a completely unconcerned, mildly curious tone, as if he's wondering whether he should put swiss or pepperjack in the omelette, he says "I'm just trying to remember if uncle mike still lives there or not.  I think my mom said something about him moving last month."

?????????????????????

Oh - and then he set a cup of coffee down 6 inches away from the "finished" pile.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day

• Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hilarious! At least he didn't set the cup down 1 inch away?!?!

Boys just don't quite get it, do they?
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had the issue of address changes as I'm writing my thank-yous but I figure even if they did move everyone gets their mail forwarded right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Suzette70Suzette70 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's hilarious!!
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you posted this - you always make me laugh. :)  FI did something similar to me the other day - he was helping assemble things, but decided to work on the very dirty kitchen counter.  I got mad and he took a 10 minute cool off.  He just didn't get why I was so upset! :) 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • SarahP83SarahP83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

HAHA!  Seriously LOLing at my desk right now!  This is too funny matuofm!  Boys...they are something else!  : )

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOL!! This is great, and agreed, boys are clueless sometimes!!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Haha.  Typical.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You make me laugh Melissa although I'm sorry this one caused you anxiety.  Guys are clueless sometimes.

I am impressed that you are calligrafying them yourself.  I didn't even try to attempt that project.
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fi-anecdote-brighten-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c3786e93-1654-42a9-95a6-e43b48d1247ePost:0686204f-62f2-4f0a-9ee7-e2de9a089af7">Re: A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]You make me laugh Melissa although I'm sorry this one caused you anxiety.  Guys are clueless sometimes. <strong>I am impressed that you are calligrafying them yourself</strong>.  I didn't even try to attempt that project.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I downloaded a pretty font off of dafonts, printed the addresses on the envelopes, and am now going back over them with a gold paint pen.  Because the envelopes are navy blue, the black ink barely shows anyway, and then I'm covering it with the pen.  There's NO WAY I was going to attempt actual calligraphy.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fi-anecdote-brighten-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c3786e93-1654-42a9-95a6-e43b48d1247ePost:9d736bf2-f21e-4364-b034-6e6d2aea0bfc">Re: A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day : To be fair, I downloaded a pretty font off of dafonts, printed the addresses on the envelopes, and am now going back over them with a gold paint pen.  Because the envelopes are navy blue, the black ink barely shows anyway, and then I'm covering it with the pen.  There's NO WAY I was going to attempt actual calligraphy.  :)
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

I'm doing this with mine too, it's such a pain! Although my mom said they look so neat everyone will think it's computer ink anyways...great. We have 5 extra envelopes and one was already ripped by the printer. And I feel mean because FI offered to help trace over the computer ink and I said no...because his handwriting sucks and I don't want to buy another pack of expensive envelopes and then buy and re-attach liners.
  • matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_fi-anecdote-brighten-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c3786e93-1654-42a9-95a6-e43b48d1247ePost:0c081992-7d4a-4f91-917f-373aaca5b4fc">Re: A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A FI Anecdote to Brighten Your Day : I'm doing this with mine too, it's such a pain! Although my mom said they look so neat everyone will think it's computer ink anyways...great. We have 5 extra envelopes and one was already ripped by the printer. <strong>And I feel mean because FI offered to help trace over the computer ink and I said no...because his handwriting sucks and I don't want to buy another pack of expensive envelopes and then buy and re-attach liners.</strong>
    Posted by courtney1188[/QUOTE]

This x 12.  I'm just so grateful that FI regularly points out the awfulness of his handwriting, so I didn't have to break it to him. He flat-out said "Since I'd be useless with the writing, can I do (insert task) instead?"  Thank goodness.   :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards