Michigan-Detroit

Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!

Come out come out wherever you are!  I am bored at home in Minnesota and want to get to know our new ladies!

1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name:
2.  Wedding Date:
3.  How did you meet:
4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:
5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?
6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)
7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.

Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!

• emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name:  Liz & Todd
    2.  Wedding Date:  May 21, 2011
    3.  How did you meet:  Through mutual friends our freshman year of college
         Favorite:  spending time with family/2 weeks paid vacation from work :)
         Least Favorite:  dealing with all the crowds everywhere you go (mall, airport, etc.)
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Not usually.  Although I need to start toning up for the wedding!
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  I'm all good.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  My knees hyperextend so they look like they are bending backwards.  (See Sig Pic for demonstration.)
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Helloooooooooooo

1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Robin and Brian
    2.  Wedding Date: 7/16/11
    3.  How did you meet: We met through a mutual friend at my old job
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: I looooove wrapping presents! Least favorite thing is trying to split time between our families
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Just the obvious "get married" one :)
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) I have lurked wayyyy longer than I should admit to so I am all good.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. Well, I don't think you will remember me for this, but today is our 3 year dating anniversary! Headed to The Melting Pot for some delicious dinner tonight. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:514bf59b-f43b-4075-a25d-277741bd0fe1">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Just the obvious "get married" one :)
    Posted by rak123[/QUOTE]
    This made me giggle. Also congrats on your anniversary!
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
      Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Lisa & Jared
    2.  Wedding Date: August 6, 2011
    3.  How did you meet: Through a Mutual Friend @ his house warming party
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: I really like spending time w/ friends and family and getting some much needed time off of work.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Just the usual to diet and get in shape
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Nope
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.hmm this is a tough one...how about my favorite food is nachos?
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Barb & Chris
    2.  Wedding Date:  4/2/2011  stupid knot would like to tell me that that is 102 days away!
    3.  How did you meet:  Basically at a bar but he knew my friend already.
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:  Fav: family time/ work bonus!  least: Family time=lots of driving
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Nope but since there is only 102 days until the wedding I think working out again will be for this year
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  Why are there so many lurkers?  Really I don't bite and the others don't either
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  Umm.... my screen name should do it.  Who else would want to be called Mrs Barstool?
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:6b140cb7-6833-4153-b9c0-cc2a8f06dd69">Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Come out come out wherever you are!  I am bored at home in Minnesota and want to get to know our new ladies! 1.  Name and FI <strong>- Kristen and Mike</strong>(or DH)'s name: 2.  Wedding Date: <strong>2-26-2010</strong>  3.  How did you meet: <strong>At Jimmy Johns 10 yrs ago...he was my boss!</strong> 4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: <strong>Favorite thing=sugar cookies with frosting.  Least favorite=cleaning up Christmas dinner!</strong> 5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? <strong>Oh yes, never keep 'em tho!</strong> 6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)<strong>AW, yes, I can't figure that one out!!!</strong>   7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.<strong>  My nickname is Kribby.  I have an old friend with a lisp who would get drunk and pronounce my  name that way.  And it stuck!</strong>
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    AW:  Attention Whore.  Basically whenever you are going to brag about something whether it be WR (wedding related) or NWR (non wedding related)

We have AW Thursdays where it is a chance for everyone to AW things in one thread.  But if you've got a special AW, feel free to do so whenever.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Courtney and Jeremy
    2.  Wedding Date: Aug. 6th 2011
    3.  How did you meet: High school ...but we didn't start dating until a few years after.
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:  My favorite is getting the time off of work to spend time with family and friends. Least Favorite is trying to split time between our families.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Start to work out and get it shape.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) No I am good.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. Ummm... My favorite color is purple.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:89490ad6-90a2-4c6f-9e66-d041d358726e">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW:  <strong>Attention Whore</strong>.  Basically whenever you are going to brag about something whether it be WR (wedding related) or NWR (non wedding related) We have AW Thursdays where it is a chance for everyone to AW things in one thread.  But if you've got a special AW, feel free to do so whenever.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

and here i thought it was just a hugh emphasis on 'aw'.  HAHAHAHAHA!
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Courtney - do your wedding colors include purple?

Kristen - yeah I thought the same thing too.  I think it happens to everyone :)
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Sheena & Renny
    2.  Wedding Date: 09.10.11
    3.  How did you meet: Worked in the same restaurant I was his boss but if he tells it he will say he was the boss lol!
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays:  My favorite is getting the time off of work to spend time with family and friends. Least Favorite is trying to split time between our families and the after holiday bills. 
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Nope I looks at each new year as a new beginning and I try to make each year better than the previous.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) YES What the heck is the MMPP that we answer on Monday mornings. I respond just about every week but I don't know what the abbreviation stands for.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. I was in a group in high school called the Dukes and it was for girls that thought that they had big butts. We were all really good friends and each person put the word Duke after their nick name that is where the nickname Shesheduke came from lol! Gotta love high school
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:51cf822b-26c0-4b27-8792-2a928291ab4e">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE] 7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. Ummm... My favorite color is purple.
    Posted by cstone1984[/QUOTE]

Mine too!! And we are getting married on the same day!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    1. Name and FI (or DH)’s name: Rachael & Steve
    2. Wedding Date: 9/24/2011
    3. How did you meet: At work
    4. Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: I love Christmas lights and decorations, cooking/baking, shopping and wrapping gifts, Advent season at church…really, there isn’t much I don’t like about the holidays – except for craziness at malls and rude shoppers.
    5. Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Yes. I made one last year to eat healthier. I think the only reason it stuck is because I lost weight. Lol. I have no idea what I want to resolve to do this year. I’d say “not stress about the wedding” but I’ll probably break that the first week of January.
    6. Any questions you have been afraid to ask? What does “XP” stand for? I usually see it in posts regarding other boards.
    7. What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you? Ummm – My initials and my FMIL’s initials will be the same when I get married. We’ll both be “RCD”. I love anything with my initials (ergo, my knottie name).
  • edited December 2011
    MMPP= Monday Morning Planning Post or something close to that.  Its your weekly plans
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
    edited December 2011
    XP = re-post.  Generally if you are posting something on multiple boards you would include this in your title
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mrsbarstool I appreciate that! Now I feel better actually knowing what I am posting about!
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Jen & Brad
    2.  Wedding Date: 9/25/10
    3.  How did you meet: At the Gym I worked at, he was a member.
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Not going to lie, I've felt like a scrooge most of the holiday season this year. But in general I love the extra time I get to spend with my family. My niece is three so she's starting to show her own emotions/excitement towards things. I took her to look at outside Christmas decorations a couple weeks ago at night and she loved it. Didn't cost us anything except a little time and barely any gas.

Least: The headache of figuring out where we have to be on Christmas Eve/Day. It wont be as bad this year since we've pretty much cut ties with my Mom and her family, but figuring out what I'm doing with my own siblings is still not set in stone.

5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Yes
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) None from me :)
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. My hair grows extremely fast and I have a hard time shelling out money to get it cut, so I just leave it long.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Megan and Chris
    2.  Wedding Date:  6/22/2012
    3.  How did you meet: Anatomy and Physiology class in high school
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Dealing with my drunken family members.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Nope.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  Not yet   :)
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you: I'm full of random knowledge (especially DIY) thanks to being a girl scout for so long and working at a girls' camp one summer.  Plus I'm a super hard working adrenaline junkie!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Laura and Steve
    2.  Wedding Date: 10-14-11
    3.  How did you meet :eHarmony
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Favorite- just about everything!  I love Christmas!  I'm looking forward to spending my first Christmas with my adorable baby nephew. :)  I'm also looking forward to surprising my parents with a new computer. 
    Least Favorite-When they are over and it is time to go back to work
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? usually the whole diet and exercise one...this year I really need to work on it though
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) None that I can think of.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  My twin sister is getting married in June.  She is also on here timswife2be (or something like that).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Duh! Sue & Kevin
    2.  Wedding Date: 8/27/11
    3.  How did you meet: Eharmony! Yay, I'm not the only one anymore thanks to Laurathy
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Fave: Everything, decorating, wrapping presents, spending time with family, usually take a week off. Least fave: the bills afterward, LOL
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Nope. I'm good all the time Innocent yeaaah, right
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Nope
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. That I'm probably the oldest person on this board, so when I give advice, it's from a VERY long, fairly successful & fulfilling life, LOL. So you better LISTEN!
  • edited December 2011
    Awww yaaaaay!!! Yes my wedding colors are black and purple!!!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name:  Kristen and Mike

2.  Wedding Date: October 1st, 2011

3.  How did you meet:  At an athletic training event...we had mutual friends.

4.  Favorite thing about the holidays: I LOVE shopping and giving gifts!  I love getting together with my family.  And I love the tradition my sister and I have of giving in and opening one small gift on Christmas Eve, even though my parents still give us a hard time about it!

5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  I like to call it "setting goals". 

6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  Now that I know what AW means, I am feeling much better.

7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you?  I completed my first Half-Ironman race in September!
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Samantha & Mark
    2.  Wedding Date: June 25, 2011
    3.  How did you meet: Very randomly, at Arts, Beats, and Eats one year.
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Favorite: Food!  Least Favorite: Too much busyness/traffic/crazy people
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? I try - this year I really want to stick to some healthy lifestyle changes especially with the wedding coming up quickly.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Nope - but it really did take me FOREVER to figure out AW too, I always assumed it meant "awwww" like "this is so exciting, hooray!"
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. Hmmm good question.  I guess that I am a student and am graduating in the spring?  I feel like other than the wedding that is my other major event that is defining my life & time right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Amy and Dave
    2.  Wedding Date: 7/30/2011
    3.  How did you meet: we met through FI sister in law and we played rugby in college together
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: i love family and Christmas lights, i don't like a seeing some family members:)
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Yes!
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) No, i'm a knottie second timer!
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you. I am a huge advocate for pit bulls and love to support pit bull rescues!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Keyosha & Dave
    2.  Wedding Date: 4/23/2011
    3.  How did you meet: Through a mutual friend at Footlocker.
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: Favorite is seeing the family, least favorite, is running around on Christmas day between 3 households for dinner :-(
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Usually the diet, Im super serious this year though!!  I always do good when I have a goal (wedding dress)
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  I have a secret love affair with Thai Ice Tea!!  I can't get enough of it :-)
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, I said I wouldn't post till there was a date set, but I've been called out!! So here goes....
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Pickles and Bryan

2.  Wedding Date: sigh... I really wanted 5/1/2011, but it's looking more like September now

3.  How did you meet: Myspace! A lot less embarrassing now than it was 5 years ago : )

4.  Favorite Thing about the holidays: BLACK FRIDAY!! By the way happy Yule!

Least Favorite thing: All I want for Christmas is .... UGH  My Mother would play Mariah Carey's  Christmas cd on Saturday morning to wake me up when I was in high school. I now hate Christmas music!

5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? My resolution is always not to make resolutions.

6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Nope. I feel like an experienced lurker by now ( I have read the stickies lol)

7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  Well I am a funky goth/punk chick, but I want to have a pretty traditional wedding. People will be really surprised. Oh and my really old friends call me Pickles. You may call me Pickles.
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Alicia and Mark
    2.  Wedding Date: January 22, 2011
    3.  How did you meet: His twin is married to my friend
    4.  Favorite/Least Favorite thing about the holidays: I love it all! Only dislike is that we live out of state and have to travel for the holidays.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? Yes, always to diet and exercise...
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) Nope.
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.
    I am a vegetarian and animal rights advocate
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name:  Megan & Phil
    2.  Wedding Date:  August 13, 2011
    3.  How did you meet:  We were in the same program in grad school
         Favorite:  spending time with family
         Least Favorite:  finding ways to split time equally...and the fact that this year, I have a lot of work to do.
    5.  Do you make New Years resolutions?  Nope.
    6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?)  I'm good - but AW and MMPP took me forever to figure out!
    7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  I can touch my tongue to my nose!  I am a rabid Michigan fan!  Those two facts are not related :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Weclomes, pickles!  and thanks for reading the stickies!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_roll-call-lurkers-this-means?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:c5382966-cebc-423c-8a5c-f3d7e78601efPost:5db25273-3a4e-47a5-a62a-f27b03a26540">Re: Roll Call: Lurkers this means you too!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I said I wouldn't post till there was a date set, but I've been called out!! So here goes.... 1.  Name and FI (or DH)'s name: Pickles and Bryan 2.  Wedding Date: sigh... I really wanted 5/1/2011, but it's looking more like September now 3.  How did you meet: Myspace! A lot less embarrassing now than it was 5 years ago : ) 4.  Favorite Thing about the holidays: BLACK FRIDA Y !!  By the way happy Yule!   Least Favorite thing: All I want for Christmas is .... UGH  My Mother would play Mariah Carey's  Christmas cd on Saturday morning to wake me up when I was in high school. I now hate Christmas music! 5.  Do you make New Years resolutions? My resolution is always not to make resolutions. 6.  Any questions you have been afraid to ask (ie what does AW/FMIL/DH mean?) <strong>Nope. I feel like an experienced lurker by now ( I have read the stickies lol) </strong>7.  What is something random about yourself that will help me remember you.  Well I am a funky goth/punk chick, but I want to have a pretty traditional wedding. People will be really surprised. Oh and my really old friends call me Pickles. You may call me Pickles.
    Posted by picklesmurphy[/QUOTE]
    Be still my heart <3 

Although if you don't want people to know who you are Pickles, you may want to change your name in your profile :)  Not sure if this really was your intention but in case, you can change this info in the "My Account" portion in the top right section of the page.

And I can't wait to see your plans unfold.  The punk/traditional line will be cool to see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards