Michigan-Detroit

Viviano Flower Bridal Show

Anyone else going to the free show tomorrow? (I'm sorry if this was already posted... I looked, but not too hard)

It's in Sterling Heights, free admission, check it out: 

This isn't a post meant to advertise, but simply wondering if anyone else is heading out to it. It's my first (and possibly last) bridal show! I'm going with my mom and I'm looking forward to some bonding time with her. <3 

Re: Viviano Flower Bridal Show

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went last year and took my fiance and daughter (who was 15 at the time and is my MOH)

Because it was on the east side it was easier for us. It's nice to see the layout of stuff, and I enjoyed listening to the musicians (I think it was a violin player). Don't sign up for anything though, because they'll hound you. Didn't get any "freebies" from signing up

The one thing it was nice for is that there are some people who are starting up new businesses, ie wedding coordinators and photographers. If you are willing to give someone a "shot" at working on your event, you can save a lot of money.

The fashion show was nice too, my fiance enjoyed that, really!

• edited December 2011
    Great to hear it was a good time! Yes, I'm definitely looking for a few inexpensive vendors - mainly DJ and baker. I'm not one to think that a DJ "makes or breaks" a wedding... we just want someone to play music we want and make announcements. A baker, on the other hand, doesn't have to have the best presentation (although that'd be awesome if the cake looked fabulous) because what really matters to me is the taste. 

Well, we're leaving in about 45 minutes and I still have to shower! I'm happy that my sister/MOH is now able to come too! Woooo
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Darn I wanted to go but I missed it. How was it?
  • edited December 2011
    Free cake and wine.. can't complain about that!!

The main problem I had with it, though, was before walking in you had to register and once you turned in your registration form they handed you tickets (like you would get at a carnival or chuck e cheese or whatever) which you could place into fishbowls on certain vendors' tables to win things - yay contests - BUT it was annoying to have to fill out your name & contact info on the back of them (they gave you like, 20 or something). Before even walking into the show, there were people filling them out against the wall and stuff so I was worried it was going to be suuuuuper crowded.

Other than that, it was a good time. [:
  • alinjim2012alinjim2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol @ above post I agree with the register (and the cake and wine!) I just didnt like the centerpieces though. They did not do anything for me and they are on the $$ side. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards