New York-Hudson Valley

fountain...or buffet...

I'm not sure which to do..candy buffet..or chocolate fountain...I'm having a fall wedding so I thought the candy buffet would be fun to do with fall candy, but the chocolate fountain looks nice too...any suggestions as which one to chose?

Re: fountain...or buffet...

• edited December 2011
    We're doing the buffet and that is part if the "favor."
  • edited December 2011
    if you want to include the candy buffet as part of your favor than go that route, but if not  I would do chocolate fountain.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    The both sound delish, but a chocolate fountain has more of a fall feel to me - rich and indulgent!
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would prefer the candy buffet. Something about chocolate fountains seems unsanitary to me.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of the candy buffet or any food being used as a favor unless there is also a tangible favor for the guests to keep. Either the buffet or fountain is good as part of the dessert portion of the evening but I think I like the fountain better.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a chocolate fountain.  I didn't know about candy buffets until I got on the knot.  I still don't think I would have done it though.  Just one more thing for me to worry about getting done, and tryingto find candy in my colors (as most do), making sure there is enough.  This way the venue has to worry about that, LOL!!  But as for season I feel the candy buffet is much more spring/summer feel to it, not sure why though, haha!!
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a candy buffet, but it's not really the favor as we are also having cds, luggage tags, and photos from our photobooth. It's more just as a nosh for people when they are leaving. I typically don't like chocolate fountains with large groups because there are too many people trying to get at one fountain. I've seen chaos at a few weddings I've been to over the chocolate fountain. For a smaller wedding though, I think it's fine. HTH!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    well, I'm not too much help on this one because were doing both, lol. I think if youre going to pick one, I'd say the candy buffet is more in the fall theme.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We chose the fountain over the candy buffet for our reception because we had to have it! It was a huge hit too. We didn't have an issue with there being "crowding" around the fountain as we also had a few other dessert stations. However, we did have a smaller wedding of about 115 which might've been why too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards