New York-Hudson Valley

Reviews 7-31-09 Grandview

Hi girls!  I admit to being an infrequent poster but I got a lot of great information from you whenever I asked and also when I just checked out everyone else's questions.  I always found the reviews helpful so I wanted to make sure to share mine...Venue- The GrandviewI cannot say enough great things about this place.  From the rehersal on, they were fabulous.  We were married in the indoor ballroom but had planned our ceremony for outside.  Margaret was checking the weather all night at the rehersal and although we had to move inside the day of, they made it gorgeous using all my centerpieces as decoration.  It was amazing.  Guests who didn't know our original plan thought the plan was to be married inside all along.  The whole night we never had to ask for anything, the staff was always right there but never interferring.  Guests are raving about the food, decor, and service.  Nothing could have been better.  We went to Shadows afterward which was lots of fun too!DJ- Bri SwatekBri was perfect.  He was so into doing what our style was, not typical "MC" stuff.  He was virtually invisible (because we had asked for that- he does what you want) but  our dance floor was packed the whole night from our oldest to youngest guests.  It was fabulous!Photograper- Elissa DavidsonAgain, perfect.  She was right on time and just blended in so well with my friends and family as we got ready.  It felt like having another friend who happened to be a photographer there.  We just picked up our proofs (1 month) and they are gorgeous.  She took so many photos!  She and her assistant were invisible to us the whole night and really respected our desire to spend as much time as possible at our reception.  She pulled us out for pictures twice and both times was so quick.  Love her!Videographer- Bill Celnick, Starlight VideoWe haven't seen anything yet but Bill was great the day of.  He came to the rehersal to check everything out and was also invisible the day of.Florist- Monroe FloristAmazing!  Margaret was so flexible with me as I cut, cut, and cut our order when money got tight.  She even suggested places to cut where no one would notice.  She was amazing and everything was gorgeous!  My bouquet was hydrangea and we were a little worried about it holding up so she ended up making me two instead of a throw away at no extra charge!  So thoughtful and caring!Hotel- The GrandAgain, fabulous.  The staff was so accomodating leading up as we did our comp rooms and tried to change room types for people.  They let me into the bridal suite early to get ready (Friday wedding).  They cried with me when my husband sent flowers, they laughed with me when it poured as I was loaded into the van to head to the Grandview, they were amazing.  The van was ready right on time to deliver us.  My mom had ordered lunch in the room which was right on time.  And the breakfast the next day was great and such a fun way to see everyone again.Honeymoon- Dominican Republic, Majestic Colonial Resort (1 week) and Excellence Resort (1 week)We had a great time!  The weather was great, the food delicious, the beach gorgeous!  Majestic Colonial was not adults only but still fun.  I would probably recommend Excellence  more- just a bit classier.  The beach is rough though (Atlantic side) so you  have to enjoy that (or just spend all your time lounging with a book as I did).  Great trip!  Highly recommended!Basically, our wedding day was perfect in every sense of the word.  We could not have picked better vendors and I truly didn't worry about a thing the whole day (and I am a HUGE worrier) because they had it all under control.  I hope that this helps and that all of you have days just as special and fabulous.

Re: Reviews 7-31-09 Grandview

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!! We got married at the GV & LOVED it  there! My hubby actually works there now, so he may have been at your wedding! We also went to The Excellence & had a great time! I loved hanging out with the 2 parrots! Best wishes to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!! :) Thanks for the review! So glad to hear that you had a perfect day! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards