Michigan-Detroit

Bridal Shower Favors

I am the MOH for my sister's wedding.  I am hosting 2 showers for my sister with a total of about 100 guests.  I am pretty much paying for the showers myself.  I am looking for a cheap idea for a favor. I'd like to try and stay away from items that are scented because my sister has a hard time being around them.  I had thought about baking something or doing some other kind of food but they are doing a donation for the wedding in honor of the guests and attaching it to cookies or something.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!!

Re: Bridal Shower Favors

• edited December 2011
    My sister made magnets using clear rocks, patterned paper, and magnets glued together. They scattered these around the tables (kinda like rose petals around center pieces) and gave everyone a little bag to take some home in. It was really cute and I love going to people's houses and seeing the magnets on their fridges :)

My MIL also bought little tape measures that are pink for each guest.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing reusable tote bags that are in the shape of fruits.

type reusable strawberry tote...
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im also MOH for my sister, hosting the party myself with little financial help from my mom. We have decided to do little boxes of hersey kisses and hersey hugs and i'll make a cute little tag for eat box that says something along the lines of "sis and Fi thank you with hugs and kisses" yada yada.
    everything was pretty cheap
    also as game prizes i went to bath and body works and it was buy one get on free.. i spend $30 on 5 gift sets (a mini lotion and mini body wash) and 1 large bottle of lotion
    i also found some cute candle laterns in the $1 section of Target that were SUPER cute and didnt look cheap AT ALL. i bought candles to go inside those. they will also be 'door prizes'

chocolate covered pretzes (or similiar) are always a great idea.. cheap and easy to make! you can do sprinkles on the pretzels in your sister's colors.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    For my shower, our favors are decorative soaps from this etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/theskinyourein

She agreed to make them square glycerin soaps for me for just $0.50 each.  And she'll make them in any color and any scent you want!  You could definitely ask her for some unscented ones.  I'm giving 3 per person, tied up with a ribbon.  But my shower is very small (about 10 people), so with the size of your shower I'd do just one per guest.  
  • edited December 2011
    I always like getting something to munch on...We did M&M's in little boxes in the colors we used for the shower. My MIL made little tags on the top of the boxes with our names & wedding date.
    They turned out super cute & were really easy & inexpensive :)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • edited December 2011
    Another idea I had for shower favors is these: http://www.bakerella.com/wedding-cake-pops/

I'm not good at making that kind of stuff, but if you are I bet they'd be super cheap and look SO darn cute! 
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding has a sort of garden theme, so for the shower I bought little pots and we planted flowers in them and tied a ribbon around the base. They were cheap and super cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ange425ange425 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We bought M&Ms from Costco (our favorite candy).  Then we put a note with one of our engagement photos around it thanking them for coming and we both signed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards