Michigan-Detroit
Options

aisle runner

has anyone made a aisle runner with silk rose petals? something like this...

Re: aisle runner

• Options
    lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd post this over on the DIY board. Looks VERY time consuming but I imagine simple enough to glue or stitch each petal into place. Sounds like a bridesmaid DIY party :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aisle-runner-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:e85aa6b3-7232-457e-a334-cf2ee5bdc576Post:bc97e80c-1d5a-474a-9231-1812daac2906">Re: aisle runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd post this over on the DIY board. Looks VERY time consuming but I imagine simple enough to glue or stitch each petal into place. <strong>Sounds like a bridesmaid DIY party :)</strong>
    Posted by lndskelly[/QUOTE]

Great idea!!

On the DIY a while ago there was a girl on there who did a aisle runner where she put leaves on the edges of the runner, not all over. it looked nice.
    IMO- it looks expensive :( but could be super cute!
    I think glue would be more of a time saver then sewing thought, but you take the risk of them possibly falling off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aisle-runner-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:e85aa6b3-7232-457e-a334-cf2ee5bdc576Post:0a5d9058-a8c6-438a-87f1-81e7ccb5e32e">Re: aisle runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: aisle runner : Great idea!! On the DIY a while ago there was a girl on there who did a aisle runner where she put leaves on the edges of the runner, not all over. it looked nice. IMO- it looks expensive :( but could be super cute! I think glue would be more of a time saver then sewing thought, but you take the risk of them possibly falling off.
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, if you are gonna go the glue route definitely use fabric glue or a hot glue gun (though you always get those stupid glue strings going, they have been my nemesis lately).</div><div>
    </div><div>I love the idea of putting the petals just on the edges!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    whrldtravlrwhrldtravlr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did an aisle runner with silk petals down the side. I had to glue all of the petals down because nothing was allowed to be thrown or loose in my church for fear of people falling. It looked fantastic but took over 6 hours to glue all of the petals down.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whrldtravlr- can you post a pic of your runner? I have no clue what to do with mine and like your idea :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think i am going to use this idea but just make them for the sides, so i dont trip :) now not sure about a spray glue or hot glue gun
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards