Michigan-Detroit
Options

Stressed about booking venue!! Help!

Hi, I am new here to posting but have been reading posts for a bit.  I just got engaged in July! :)  So here is my issue, if you could give any help that would be greatly appreciated!  
I sent along contract info to Cranbrook gardens in Bloomfield Hills to book my wedding date for July 14th almost a month ago.  The coordinator never sent the contract, so two weeks after sending it I called and she said it was done just needed to be approved from her supervisor and was going to be sent.  A week after that I e-mailed her and told her she was really holding up my progress and I needed to know what was going on.  Then she called me and said that she could not book the date as she now was informed that Cranbrook would be doing construction in 2012!!!!  And she wants me to consider the Art museum but doesn't know if it is available for my date!!!  What should I do?  I already reserved a reception hall down the street thinking everything was in good faith and was almost settled with Cranbrook!  Help!!!  Should I look at the art museum even though I wanted outdoors, start over and lose the deposit at the reception hall, or try to find a venue close??  Sorry for the long post!

Re: Stressed about booking venue!! Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, and welcome!

First of all, breathe.  You have plenty of time, even with this complication.

The answers to your question all depend on your own preferences.  I don't know much about the area, so I can't tell you if there are other outdoor venues that fit your needs or not.  If your reception deposit was small and you're not that set on your reception, you can go ahead and look at other places and dates (a larger deposit would make me think twice).  *IF* the art museum is available on your date, I would look into it - maybe you'll like it!   You need to ask yourself whether the outdoor ceremony or the date/reception hall/deposit are more important.

Is there any way to do the ceremony at the reception venue itself?  How many people are you planning on inviting?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards