Michigan-Detroit
Options

Tea Party Bridal Shower for 60

Hey All!  I am looking for a location to host a tea party themed shower for my bff.  It must be for atleast 60 women!  Ideally I would like to find a location with a kitchen that allows for us to have more control over the food, rather than a place that will require us to cater the event with them.  Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are greatly apreciated please!!  I want this to be a really nice event, but don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money!

Re: Tea Party Bridal Shower for 60

• Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    You might try a Masonic Hall, VFW or a Union Hall (like UAW).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My shower is at the Ann Arbor senior center for the same reason. MOB, MOH, MOG are throwing me one big combined family and friends shower and they needed a big place that they could bring in their own food and have wine.  I helped them find a place since they are not from around here so I can tell you that they paid under $150 for the room for 5 hours with full use of the kitchen and included the fee to be able to have alcohol.  All of the union halls wanted $400 for non member for 4 hours. 

HTH
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also look at community centers.  My FSIL's shower is going to be at one, and it seems like it was reasonably-priced.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That sounds fun :) What area are you looking at? What is your budget?

Try the Rochester Community House. The two tea houses that I know of (in Berkley and Rochester) wouldn't be able to accommodate that many people.

• Options
    baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.sfhonline.org/parlour.htm

We had my sister's shower here and it was great! Would be super cute for a tea party! It's in Garden City
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My aunt threw me a tea party themed shower.  I'll look to see if I can find the pics from it.  She borrowed a bunch of different plates and dishes from relatives, so we ate off of mismatched floral/patterened china.  It was really neat looking!  It might be hard to do for 60, but that's one idea.  She had cut flowers in teapots as the centerpieces.
  • Options
    positivelymjpositivelymj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Everyone!  Those are all great ideas!  I'm thinking anything in northern Oakland County!  Rochester is perfect!  Thanks for all the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards