Michigan-Detroit

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting rather irritated with my MOH. It's really my own fault because I'm waaaay too nice and such a people pleaser. I didn't want to assign "that role" in the first place but most of my BMs are out of state and she (the MOH) said she would take up the slack. Well she has basically done nothing! after begging me to get the title in the first place I rarely if ever hear from her, no calls, texts, facebook nothing! She was there to order her dress because she wanted to make sure it was different than the others and that's it. isn't helping the other BMs with the bridal shower or anything. She's turning out to be the least supportive of them all. when I mention anything she always comes up with a ridiculous excuse.

okay there's my vent for Wednesday Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So yesterday I finally broke down and told my Mamaw I was getting married... She wasn't too pleased. She is upset because FI doesn't have the greatest job. Not to mention some other personal junk. But the kicker was when she told me I was "stupid" because I am marrying a man with kids. I said "Mamaw, why would I expect someone to marry me AND my kids, if I can't marry him AND his kids?" She "It's different" No its not!!! UGhh I'm so sad, but I won't let it change my mind, I just wish she wasn't so old school lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have a dress fitting this Friday and the salon just called to move it from 3:30 to Noon. I'm annoyed because I had my whole day scheduled around this appointment. I have one day in Michigan to get wedding stuff done and now it's all shifted around. It's not a huge deal, but I am still bugged.  Planning from 2k miles away is about a quarter as fun as it would be planning in the same area. I literally run ragged every chance I get to come home (which is twice).

Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelki, I'm the same way. I'm in CA and I don't get much of a chance to come out there and when I go its only for a weekend so everything is crammed together.

My vent... are you ready for this?!?

My MOH and I got into a HUGE screaming match over the phone RIGHT after my shower. It started because she was yelling at me for not giving her sister enough money for my hair trial. She told me $16 so I gave her $20. I didnt think about it much because I was crazy busy with everything... and then told me all these extra things her sister did that i didnt know about but was supposed to magically know about so how dare I not give her more money. She has a habit of assuming everyone knows everything she's thinking and then screams at us when we don't know. I ended up giving her more money to cover the extra time she spent on stuff.

My MOH  then let loose on me because i was joking and asked her sister if "everyone in your family is like this" (referring to her mad planning skills/running around). She took it as an insult and that it was some secret that I said to her sister behind her back... whatever.

THEN went off about how everyone had enough time to get ready except for her because "everyone was standing around like idiots" while she was doing all the work. That wasn't true. Apparently we were automatically supposed to know where everything was going and just do it without her telling us because telling us would be "spelling it out to us like five year olds". ARGH!

THEN she said if my wedding day is going to be anything like the shower then we're f*cked. EXCUSE ME!?

On top of fighting with one of my best friends (her), my aunt then makes a comment on facebook about how she's "glad to hear my shower sucked because she had a wonderful birthday. Its funny that two of my groomsman dont want to stand up in it and that she feels sorry for tyler (my FI) for marrying me." WTF?!
    Mind you, she's crazy in the head and hates me ONLY because im her sister's child and she hates her. Also, she should be on hoarders because their house is trashed beyond belief. Theres even a youtube video of it lol

Okay... I apologized to my MOH for raising my voice at her and she did SO much for me, especially me being out of state.. But I really didnt deserve her screaming at me. She wont talk to me still so that sucks and my wedding is close to a month away.

Overall, my shower was great and I had to a good time but it just sucks that when I look back on my wedding stuff it's going to include a huge blowout between me and my MOH.

Anyone else have MOHzillas instead of bridezillas? lol
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh My Gosh. That's horrible!  Your MOH sounds hyper sensitive, and I have a friend like that too. Hopefully she will have some time to cool off and realize that it's not worth fighting over.  Your aunt sounds really mean. people who are hurtful on purpose like that are the worst. Is she invited to your wedding? I would leave her off the guest list. she will probably tell you you look fat or the food sucks or something.
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:f81eacff-4529-439e-9f75-583a473ff378Post:c2a35b8b-788d-4ea7-bb93-7c6c188c3e61">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh My Gosh. That's horrible!  Your MOH sounds hyper sensitive, and I have a friend like that too. Hopefully she will have some time to cool off and realize that it's not worth fighting over.  Your aunt sounds really mean. people who are hurtful on purpose like that are the worst. Is she invited to your wedding? I would leave her off the guest list. she will probably tell you you look fat or the food sucks or something.
    Posted by Kelki[/QUOTE]

Haaaa you hit everything right on the nose. Unfortunately I already invited my aunt. Hopefully she declines. Haha. Funny thing is.. I had my shower on her birthday (that weekend had the cheapest airfare and sunday was a good day) and I had sent her a FB message asking if it was okay to have my shower that day since it was early afternoon and if not I wouldnt mind doing it the saturday before. She never responded so I just kept it as is.

My cousin (a BM) told me on the way home her and my gma got into a fight because my grandma said that it was rude of ME to have my shower on my aunt's bday EVEN though I asked her permission. WTH!? And funny thing is that my aunt sent a card with some money and a cute xmas ornament that says "Our first christmas together 2010". I don't understand it all...bipolar much? lol

I'm so glad I can vent to you guys on here.. It makes me feel a LOT better. I've just decided too that I'm for SURE going to book a DOC (if its not too late) so it takes the stress off my MOH and ME!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I have an MOH-Zilla that I am trying to figure out what to do with her as we speak!!!! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:f81eacff-4529-439e-9f75-583a473ff378Post:366dd651-3b18-4b55-bee2-c771bc4bdf9e">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I have an MOH-Zilla that I am trying to figure out what to do with her as we speak!!!! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by mariamajersey72477[/QUOTE]

Oh god... its awful! Luckily I called her last night and we talked it out alright. She really IS the only one I trust out of my bridal party to be able to get the stuff done and do a good job with it. Hopefully we will just get more organized within this last month and pull off a great wedding!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards