Michigan-Detroit
Options

NWR - The Cell Phone Bill

I just went online to see about the cell phone bill and I just about fainted - $175!  I don't know WTF is going on.  I can't see a breakdown of what the bill is and I am totally freaking out.  I may just go to the Sprint store and see if they can pull the damn thing up.

Re: NWR - The Cell Phone Bill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't think your bill should be that high you definitely need to go in and talk to them about it!
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dang.  My guess is with the service, associated fees, and the phones it all adds up.  Good luck figuring out why it's so high.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is high! I don't know if you have a data package or not, but before my family actually had internet on our phones, every time we accidently touched the icon for the internet we would get charged. No, we couldn't use it, but it would still charge us for it. My mom complained about how it was BS and they removed the charge. Good luck!
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many phones do you have on the plan?  Do you have smart phones?  If so, do you use a lot of data?  Do you text a lot?  Do you think you've gone over your minutes?

All those things can add up to a huge phone bill.  DH and I each have an iPhone and our bill is not that high but it's still up there so $175 isn't all that unheard of to me.
  • Options
    jolla92126jolla92126 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much was it last month?
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-cell-phone-bill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fa36134f-ee35-44ee-9b94-c32c1655d04ePost:0201c342-0637-47a8-8372-bd40f4771e09">Re: NWR - The Cell Phone Bill</a>:
    [QUOTE]How much was it last month?
    Posted by jolla92126[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, PCL just merged her phone plan with her fiance (correct me if I'm wrong).  It's entirely possible that last month's bill was prorated which is why it wasn't as high as this month's and this phone bill is what it should have actually been.

Or there could be something really screwy going on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

As Liz mentioned, if I remember correctly your FI just got you a phone.  If that is the case there may be all kinds of service charges/start up fees that you were not aware of.

Other possibilities are that you have been using features that are not included with your plan such as internet, text messages, too many minutes, etc...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think she just merged to. So I am sure it has to do with the cost of the new phone, activation charges, and so on. $175 isn't unheard for a phone bill for two people though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have Verizon and we both have droids. Between the data packages, unlimted text, and the shared 700 min plan, our bill is about $135 a month. I'm sure it's just from merging and has the things the PP's said.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's about what we pay each month (2 iPhones with data plans, messaging, etc)
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-cell-phone-bill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fa36134f-ee35-44ee-9b94-c32c1655d04ePost:0969f284-c0f5-43e7-9aa1-34ec3d8df1cd">Re: NWR - The Cell Phone Bill</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and I have Verizon and we both have droids. Between the data packages, unlimted text, and the shared 700 min plan, our bill is about $135 a month. I'm sure it's just from merging and has the things the PP's said.
    Posted by TheFutureMrsB81[/QUOTE]

Us too and ours is about $120 (I get employee discounts)
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This happened to me once. I have Sprint, and I do not have a data plan. When I called them about it, they said there were two $50 charges for text messages. I was like WTF I have unlimited texting! Come to find out, the charge was for picture messages that someone sent to me. Apparently, that person sent them via the internet, like an email, and since I don't have a data plan they charged me for using data. It was really screwy. But after I talked to them for awhile, they dropped the charges :)  Maybe something weird or random like that happened.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats about what our cell phone bill is for FI and I. We have all the bells and whistles.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Well, FI just added me to his plan and we have 1500 min between us and unlimited text.  I figured that the plan would be pro-rated and perhaps an activation fee.  Honestly, I didn't think it would be more than $130 for this month, then back to $99.

I also got a feeling that FI got the bill and is freaking out.  He called last night while I was at dinner. I was gonna speak to him and he said no, and I said I'd call him back as soon as I got home.  No answer.

This morning I sent him a text to say good morning and he sent one back.  I called and he still seemed distant.

I agree, it might be that I accidently hit the icon for the internet.  I'm going to Sprint today and find out what is going on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_nwr-cell-phone-bill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:fa36134f-ee35-44ee-9b94-c32c1655d04ePost:16a6af96-46e5-41c9-93ef-7fc39993f73c">Re: NWR - The Cell Phone Bill</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have Sprint too. When I added FI to my plan on May 16, the bill was around $175 because they pro-rated the last two weeks of May and then charged June upfront as usual. I freaked until I did the math and figured out what happened.
    Posted by burntofferings[/QUOTE]

That would make sense.  I figured if I go to Sprint and have them explain the bill to me then I can go and explain the bill to him.  I just pay the difference.

I guess that when I sensed that something was wrong, I wanted him to get it out in the open.  I hate it when he's distant like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

Ok, since I didn't have the bill or the account number, they couldn't give me any info there at the store so I had to call customer service.  Was on there for about 30 minutes.

We are now being charged $99.99 for two lines.
    We were pro-rated $54.33 for the month between 9/23 and 10/08.
    We were charged $36 for activation fee.
    We were given $5 credit for picture messaging.

Dan was not upset in the least.  Actually he had a sore throat that probably started late Thursday and having to unload a truck in yesterday's weather didn't help.  When he gets the bill he is going in to the Sprint store and see about getting the $36 fee removed (there wasn't supposed to be one) and find out about the 10% discount that wasn't on there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards