Michigan-Detroit
Options

Tell Us Tuesday

Tell us or show us your rings!  DId you help pick it out or did he pick it out completely on his own?  Was it what you wanted?  Any other details?

Re: Tell Us Tuesday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    May of 2010 he surprised me by taking me to the jewelry store.... he surprised me again by pulling out some papers and handing them over to a salesperson - he had done his research and found multiple rings he liked for me! As I started to browse I fell in love with a ring that was actually smaller than the one he had in mind so he, of course, said "bigger is better" aaaaand I was tearing up and fanning myself off with my hand because it was just so crazy -- I then left the store while he talked to them about paperwork or ordering it or whatever and he later propsed 2 and a half months later. [: 

I don't like how photos look blurry though ]:
  • Options
    Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Mine is a solitaire, princess cut, with a white gold band. The 4-prong setting is fairly high, but I don't have a good picture of it from the side.

Anyway, I knew I wanted a solitaire and didn't want a lot of bling-ey stuff all over the place. Very simple & classic. I also knew I wanted a princess cut or round. FI and I went to Kay Jewelers and tried a few on to get an idea of setting and size. I gave him a limit as to how big I wanted it to be (yes, I actually had to do this!) and that was about it. He ended up going to a family jeweler and choosing the diamond and setting himself. The setting isn't exactly what I wanted and the band is thicker than I wanted, but that just means it's a good mix of my tastes and his tastes.

We haven't chosen wedding bands yet, and I'm pretty clueless as to what I want there!

Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ring is a 3 stone princess cut ring. Simple and elegant. Along the shank, on the front and back, is a single pink sapphire on each side bezel set. It's subtle and beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went ring shopping with FI to dozens of stores.  He originally thought all E-rings are just plan Solitaires but he quickly learned that was not my style.  I picked out this same ring, without realizing it, 5 times at 4 different stores.  It was not originally what I thought I wanted but it is absolutely perfect.  The center stone was supposed to be round, but I had it made with a princess cut and off set.  I did not see the finished product until he proposed. 

I am not getting a wedding band for a couple reasons.
    1.)  The band is way thicker than I planned in the first place so I am not sure I want anything added to it.
    2.)  It is a weird shape and almost impossible to fit.
    3.) If I did get something, the only thing that I think I would want would have to be custom made and it would be so expensive.  I may eventually request one to be made as an anniversary present.  I would want something that perfect fits the curve, covered in diamonds. 

This will be Fi's.  He had an eye on one at Kay since we picked out my ring.  It is the exact same as this but without the red.  One of the girls on here said she bought rings for dirt cheap from Amazon, so I figured I'd check it out.  I found his $350 ring for $32!!!  This was listed in "suggestions" on the bottom of the page for $50 and FI fell in love with it.  He went easy on me :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I am not a jewlery person so when FI started asking what I liked I had to go to a few jewlery stores with my sister to get an idea. I ended up finding 2 that I really liked and FI and I went together to try them on and see what he liked. He was originally kinda disapointed at how small it was but when I showed him how dumb big rings look on my small hands I think he was relieved because he ended up spending like half of what he originally thought he was going to.

Here's my wedding band...
    http://www.helzberg.com/product/1-8ct+tw+diamond+wedding+ring+1727387.do?sortby=ourPicks
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a picture because I'm at work right now.  I sort of helped pick it out.  I told FI what I wanted and we looked at all different settings and stones together and I let him know what I liked.  He picked it out from what I liked and we watched it get set.  It's a blue diamond solitaire that I love.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Here is my ring! I told FI the cut (cushion) and design I was interested in but he was very insistant on picking it out all on his own. I did find out recently that when he ordered it, it was scheduled for next day delivery. Apparently the big snow storm we got last year (right around the superbowl) messed up the delivery schedule so it took 9 days to arrive. He told me he was freaking out that I would be there when the delivery came. But I wasn't and it all worked out Laughing

P.S. - don't mind my crazy nails lol just trying out something new!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I had been talking about getting engaged eventually, so he asked me to look around for some rings I like to give him an idea. We went to a couple of stores and I found several that I liked. He went to Zales, without me knowing, and bought one that I had picked out. He proposed on Christmas, and  I wasn't expecting it at all for several more months (I thought he was going to purpose for my graduation in May). So even though I technically picked it out, it was still a huge surprise!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    warning...total AWness ahead...

I love my ring :) FI picked the ring and the band on his own, but it is exactly what I would have picked for myself, a 4-prong, round solitare and an eternity band. I love the diamond - it's such a firecracker. Next year, we may add another eternity band for the other side, which I wouldn't object to :)

FI also picked out his band. I love it because it matches his watch.and it's more of a rounded-square shape.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I went out and looked at rings a couple of times before he proposed. To keep costs down I was thinking of a smaller center stone with small accents around it and on the band, so those were the styles I thought we were looking at. When he proposed though, it was with a traditional, princess cut solitaire. It is so timeless and I love it even though I know he spent about double what I thought he should (he still complains that he wanted to get a bigger stone). After the little bit of shopping around we did, I am actually very happy that he picked the ring that he liked best for me. I also thought a simple white gold band would be nice, but he really liked the diamond bands so we went with the one shown below. Pardon my nails, I'm in desperate need of a manicure!
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FI picked my ring out on his own. Well...I we went "ring shopping" twice, which I think confused him even further that he thought he was to begin with. Of course I thought everything was beautiful!! I think I helped him narrow his choices down though. It is everything I thought I wanted and then some. Very happy with it!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh one of my favorite things to talk about!! lol

FI had an idea about what I wanted for a ring: asscher cut diamond and white gold/platinum. I had shown him a few photos of styles I liked but I thought that my ring would be one of the biggest surprises I could ever get so I left it in his hands. And boy did he do a good job!!
    An asscher cut diamond, with a halo and partial eternity band. 
    I'm not sure I could have picked out a more perfect ring myself! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm at work so no PIP but here is a link to it on my bio http://andnothingelsematters.weebly.com/attire--accessories.html

I had been looking at rings for a while (FI didnt trust himself picking it out) and we went to the store to look at a few... I narrowed it down to 2 and he made the final choice. The timing of the proposal was a surprise, the ring came back from being sized earlier than planned so he surprised me there :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked mine out...but didnt get it for awhile. Its a princess cut, but has a row of diamonds under it.

and here is how my ring "came to me"

Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2011

As I had previously posted about I had to get my ering replaced because the  tinydiamonds were falling out of the band. This picture is of my first ring.

This picture is of my new ering with my wedding band. I can't believe I don't have a picture of it with the center stone set in it. I must do that soon. The main diamond was reset into the second ring. It is a round 1 1/2 caret stone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards