New York-Hudson Valley

ceremony/reception for under 10k?

Hi all! I have been searching EVERYWHERE and recently had a money talk with my family and i need to get my ceremony and reception for under 10k. I am switching to a sunday so that should help with money and 100 guests. I want the ceremony outside and the reception outside in a tent or a nice ballroom...no cheesy curtains adn carpeting that whole fiasco is not our style. any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!

Re: ceremony/reception for under 10k?

• dawj2dawj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and no more than an hour from the kingston area
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there! I too had to look for a venue while being extremely budget conscientious. I went with the Inn at Central Valley. Sunday rates are $87 per person inclusive of service charges and taxes. If you're willing to do a Saturday afternoon, 12PM-5PM, which is what I'm doing, then the rate drops to about $77 per person. I found this to be a great deal and mind you it's right in the middle of the busy wedding season (last week in June). They do have ceremonies outdoors- I believe it was $500 in total for the ceremony. If you want a Word doc I have with all the details send me your email address and I'll gladly send it to you. Good luck!
  • dawj2dawj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my email is dawj1029@gmail.com that would be great!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would also try Anthony's Pier Nine in Newburgh, and The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel.  I think they would be in your budget, and you get a lot for your money.  The Grand recently underwent renovations, and it looks great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RonCourtRonCourt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at hillside manor in kingston. I thought it was great. The lobby was beautiful, food was good and dance floor was always packed! I believe she said it was somewhere around $46 a plate. She did receive a discount for paying either in cash or all at once can't remember.
  • edited December 2011
    The Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel is definitely within your budget, they even have a new package that is only $39.50/plate + tax. They don't really have an outside area big enough for the ceremony, but it is really pretty there with their recent renovations. It's definitely worth it for you to consider in my opinion. You could look into nearby parks for the ceremony if you really want to get married outside.www.pokgrand.comECONOMIC STIMULUS WEDDING PACKAGEAll for Only $39.50 Per Person Plus NYS sales taxAvailable Saturday afternoon from 12:00 until 5:00 and Sundays in 2009 and 2010 only. Subject to minimum number of guests guarantee.
  • CleorahCleorah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Round Hill House. www.feastcaterers.com They will probably work with you. I think you'll like them....we loved it!
  • dawj2dawj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I talked with the owner of Hillside manor and am thinking that will be the place!! thanks for all ur help!
  • Coley517Coley517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at teh Villa Borghese in Wappinger Falls. They have a spot outside for the wedding ceremony and nice rooms inside for the reception. But I don't think they do receptions outside. They have packages starting at $71.95. But if that price can be reduced by $3-$5 with their referral program. We would just need to coordinate and we can both take advantage of the savings. Feel free to email me at love_coley@hotmail.com. Nicole
  • edited December 2011
    try the colonial terrace in cortlandt manor.  very, very reasonable and gorgeous.  worth the call
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards