New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Alterations recommendations please :)

Hi Ladies,I've posted a few times here before, but here's a quick intro:  I'm Sarah, getting married May 30, 2010 in White Plains at the C.V. Rich Mansion.  FI and I currently live in the city.  He's from White Plains and I'm from NH and we met in college :-)Here's the situation: I bought my dress at Priscilla's of Boston in Boston, my dress just came in and I have to go pick it up.  It doesn't really make sense for me to keep traveling back to Boston for fittings, so I need to find somewhere in Westchester or Orange County for alterations. Probably won't need anything major, just a hem and bustle.  Any good recs?Thanks!!!

Re: Alterations recommendations please :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There should be more threads like this with other suggestions but I'm using La Robe by Leah she's on Central Avenue in Yonkers near Tuckahoe Road.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Mary & Patty in Thornwood and it cost me $150 for a hem and bustle, which I thought was reasonable. They did a nice job, but because I went in June and they were super busy with prom and wedding season so it took a while to get to my final fitting which cut it close since my wedding was in July. You would have a much different experience though if your wedding is in May. They do so much business, if that's any indication of how reputable they are!
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Mary and Patty's too. They did a good job. For a bustle and sewing on my cap sleeves it was a little less than 100.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards