New York-Hudson Valley

MatreD Tip & Surcharge

Hey all..We are scheduled to bring our final payment to The View on the Hudson on Wed the 4th for our Nov 7th wedding..should I wait to leave the gratuities for the night of the wedding or is it expected when the final payment is made? 

Re: MatreD Tip & Surcharge

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you wait until the day of. Technically, the gratuity is a reward for good service, (even though it's standard) so I would wait until the "service" is received before tipping. I am making up a set of envelopes with the gratuities in them, and our best man is going to take care of handing them out that day.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • lawyer707lawyer707 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh and please let me know how it goes! I am so excited that another person is getting married at the View soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    edited December 2011
    we paid gratuities on the day of because you're supposed to do it based on service. Ours was excellent so the gratuity was too:)
  • edited December 2011
    I know someone who's hall tried to tell them that tips needed to be paid in advance and THEY were setting the amount.  An amount which was significantly less than what he was going to tip.  He told the hall if they insisted on it that's fine, but tips are given AFTER services are rendered, and he would be sure to let the Maitre'd know he received less than planned and he should take it up with the hall.  Sales woman quickly changed what she was saying and let the tips be paid that night.
  • edited December 2011
    These are helpful thanks..Lawyer I know you had rave reviews about Howard..but he's been soooo rude and sooo awful to work with.  He was accusing me of changing the time of our reception without telling him..when we had agreed to a 6pm start time from the beginning.  He thought it was 630.  Also, he agreed to charge us $20 less per head for those who are under 21 (we have 17 teens coming) but now he claims he never said that.  He said its not in writing but I have 2 witnesses..it's not my problem he didn't write it in his notes..ya know? I don't want to give any kind of tip on Wednesday--when we give our payment..I am very disappointed with him. 
    edited December 2011
    wow I'm so sorry to hear that. He was nothing but perfect before, during, and after my wedding. You should let him know you were disappointed after your wedding. Hopefully he'll at least be as good for you as he was for me on the day of the reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards