New York-Hudson Valley

Band recommendations

We're looking for a really good live band that does modern fun music that's good partying as well as jazz and older songs that the more mature adults at the reception will also enjoy.

Re: Band recommendations

• ej123ej123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ETA (etamusic.com) at our wedding. I think they are great, reasonable, and play all different types of music. You can also see them play at a bunch of places (in Westchester, NY). They are from CT but will travel to Hudson Valley.
  • Mrs.AllyHMrs.AllyH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used ETA Music, and they were phenomenal. I actually got a Christmas Card last year (2yrs after the wedding) of a wedding guest who asked me who our band was because they want to use them. I can't say enough great things about them!
  • edited December 2011
    We used The Touch www.thetouchpage.com and loved them!
  • mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Era 2000.  My best friend used them, and they were awesome.  They did everything from Frank Sinatra to Justin Timberlake, and actually sounded great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, what was the pricing structure they gave you to get an idea of whether or not they are in our price range and also to have an edge on the conversation when I call. Thanks! They all sound great!
  • ej123ej123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ETA is around $4500 for 6 pieces. You can add more musicians if you want.  I found that most other bands were 6K or more.
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Soul Revival and they are FABULOUS. I first saw them at a friends' wedding last year, and the dance floor was packed. Check them out, www.soulrevivalband.com
  • mls68mls68 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bud Maltin Band!!! The band was AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING at our wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards