New York-Hudson Valley

Patriot Hills Questions

Hi Ladies! FI and I will be married at Patriot Hills in just under 3 months.  Planning has gone rather smoothly, and we have all of our vendors lined up.  I have some specific tipping questions and some general questions I was hoping you could help me out with.

We are working with Gina, who has been such a sweetheart.  Would you mind sharing your experiences or should I just direct these questions to Gina?  We will be paying a 20% “service charge.”  Does anyone remember what this covered- I assume it is a “tip,” but I remember reading somewhere to double check this.  Who exactly did you tip at PH?  If the “service charge” is not distributed to the employees as a tip, who else do you recommend tipping besides wait staff and bartenders?  We know to tip the maitre’d extra even if s/he is included in the “service charge.”  Also, if you don’t mind sharing, what, if anything, did you do for Gina- a % or a $ amount?  Lastly, who did you tip at the tasting?  Also, after having your wedding there (or just being a guest), do you have any recommendations- maybe appetizers that were a hit (or a miss)?  Anything venue specific that you wish you knew beforehand? Maybe some picture location recommendations (it will be our photographers first shoot at PH).  Thank you so much!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Patriot Hills Questions

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    As far as tipping, I have this in an email from Gina:

Some people give a little extra something to Maitre D' and Bridal Attendant because they are so helpful, but it is optional, not required.

We only had a maitre d' (I believe she just means the one person who acts as maitre d' and bridal attendant). Anyway, we did tip her a little extra, but she was it.

We didn't tip Gina.

We didn't tip anyone at the tasting.

Regarding appetizers: We had a few more appetizers than the current package does, but some of our favorites include the pecan-crusted brie, the coconut shrimp, the gorgonzola crostini, and the lamb.

The shepherds pie chafing dish was also a big hit.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kristen; that info was very helpful!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We tipped the bridal attendent/maitre d' (same person for us) a little and the bartenders but no one else.  We did not tip anyone at the tasting. 
    Patriot Hills does a wonderful job and your day will be amazing.  They really took care of everything.  Sorry I can't help with the food.  I know it was good but we were so busy with everything that even though I ate, I don't really remember what I had!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, rblucy and Kristen!  So glad to hear about your wonderful impressions of PH!! 
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_patriot-hills-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:20184015-31f1-48a2-8dd5-d8d3441a877dPost:dedd2db3-fe73-46a8-97a1-4f4fdd454b8f">Re: Patriot Hills Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, rblucy and Kristen!  So glad to hear about your wonderful impressions of PH!! 
    Posted by mrsredmoose[/QUOTE]

We absolutely loved everything about it. We're still getting compliments on the food 6+ months later. And they treated us like royalty.

We hope to be invited to a wedding there some day so we get to enjoy everything as guests!
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards