New York-Hudson Valley
Options

flower budget

i know to each his own, but im really stuck on how much money we should spend on flowers.   our wedding is in november and i want to stay in season with the flowers so as not to spend a lot on out of season flowers.  can you ladies let me know how much you spent/budgeted for?   thanks!

Re: flower budget

• Options
    sweet2324sweet2324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is for 200 people, my original budget was $3,000, but now it looks like I may go over. I didn't realized how expensive flowers were. I am still looking around for a good deal.

• Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks...we are looking at between 150-200 people.  i figured between 2500 and 3k...what is making it go over your budget?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I *really* did not want to spend money on flowers. So I'm getting only bouqets, bouts, corages and flower girl petals. (Our centerpieces are candles -- see "Round Hill" thread below...)

We're paying $650. We're using Carl from bed of Roses in Yonkers and he's been great about working with our budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2k for 150 ppl
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We were at right around 1k. It was for my bouquet, 4 bm, the groom, 3 groomsmen, 4 parents, and 2 altar pieces.

We did our own centerpieces (we did dried wheat bundles, see my for sale bio for a picture), and they were about $5 a table.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks !!!    i have been in touch with carl from bed of roses, he was recommended by a friend. i have to set up a date to meet with him....
  • Options
    sweet2324sweet2324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends what kind of center pieces you are looing for. Prices are cheaper when center pieces are made mostly from green leaves. I want mine with flowers only. 
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carl from Bed of Roses is my florist as well. I am having 12 bouquets including mine, 10 bouts including FI's, 15 centerpeices, a peice for the card table, 6 things for parents and grandparents, flowers going down the sides of the aisle, petals for the flower girls basket. I could be missing something but I'm not sure. It came to around $3000. We recently upped our amount of roses which is what made it so much and I want it to go back down because it was into the $2000 range before so I want to undo what we did and possibly change it. Hope this helps.

Jaimie
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist is a little expensive, but since my mother has known him for about 20 years, she trusts him and will not go anywhere else.  I am spending just under $3K.  that is for 13 centerpieces, 2 arrangements for the church, 11 bm bouquets, my bouquet, 8 gm,1 ring bearer, kissing ball for flower girl, 2 grandma's, 2 mothers, and 2 fathers.

The original idea that i had brought my bill up to the $4500-$5000 range.  Needless to say I got rid of that real quick.  I only decided on what I wanted last week, and I have until 2 weeks before to really finalize what I'm doing.  Not sure if I picked flowers in season in not- that could be what is driving my cost as well.  I'm having mostly hydrangeas and roses.

p.s. on of my bff's had her wedding 2 years ago with about the same number of bm's and gm's and a few more tables for about $2K.

Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    splint00splint00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we had budgeted about $1500 but have spent just under $3000. Brutal! I can't deal with doing anything crafty though so it will be okay, there's no way we would attempt this ourselves. Good thing for rainy day credit cards. I thought the Albany area would be a lot less expensive but I have been proven wrong. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It will really vary based on what you include and what kind of centerpieces you want.  We budgeted $3500 and ended up a little under budget, more like $3250?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    originally, all the sites I budgeted on said around $1,400 for flowers.  We're only two months away and still haven't made a decision (we were living in NC until last month)... we went to Stop & Shop (yeah... I was surprised too.  Our jeweler recommended them)... they were only going to charge $612 before the delivery fee.  Great price, but when I asked about decorating the arch for the ceremony, she kind of brushed it off and told us to make it with fake flowers.
    Then our local florist gave us a quote of $1,344... but they actually do everything and will even set it up for us, which is a big deal to me.

We're having about 125 guests... 4 BM and 4 GM, plus both sets of parents.  I really think we're going to end up with the local guy if we can cut a few things out to lower the cost.... but the Stop & Shop price is reeeeally tempting.
    I personally don't think flowers should be over $1,000-1,200, and that's definitely doable if you have someone willing to work with you...  good luck!
  • Options
    CleorahCleorah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Jo-Ann from Flowers by Joan in Washingtonville. She was incredible, I will try to post some picks. We gave her a general budget of $2k which she was able to provide what we wanted for $1700. That was for my bouquet, 1 MOH bouquet, 4 Flower girl Bouquets, 1 JB bouquet, parents corsages and parents bout, and 7 bouts for the guys as well as 14 table centerpieces. Mine was a fall wedding so I tried to stick with a lot of fall flowers to stay seasonal and splurged on mango cala lillies. The gentlemen's bout were mango cala lillies with berries and the groom had a mango cala lilly with an orchid and the berries. HOH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards